Road Glide banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, about 25 miles into a fresh tank for fuel I had gotten last night, my check engine light came on. This bike is brand new, picked her up on Friday. It has a little over 250 miles on it. I also noticed a slight loss in power on the upper end. I pulled over, shut off the bike and sat for a minute or so. Started back up and light stayed on. I changed my route towards home figuring I would ride it back to the dealer tomorrow morning (I still might). On my way home, I decided to see how much fuel I could get in the tank thinking maybe the fuel I got last night was bad.

The tank held a fresh 1.92 gallons of premium at a station that I know goes through a fair amount of the higher octane stuff. That fixed it! Light went out and power returned. I'm suspecting one of two issues. Either a bad fuel cap or a plugged vent (is there a vent on these tanks or does it vent through the cap?). When I got fuel last night I was in a hurry, so maybe I didn't twist the cap on tight enough?? I know that will cause a 'check engine light' on a cage.

What do you guys think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts