Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up guys. I am usually pretty good at giving my bike the once over and checking and tightening everything I can think of. Well I was out with the wife enjoying some food and drink. At the end we walked over to the bike and I unlocked the saddlebag and opened them only to have the whole backside of the lock fall apart on the ground. Luckily I had all the right stuff in my tool kit to get it back together to at least make it home. But just a heads up because when I got home my other one was loose too. Thanks HD. I figured I would remind you guys because you have helped me out so much on here. Its one of those things you really don't think to check.

On the positive side the wife was pretty turned on that I could fix the bike right on the side of the road.....:D:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lucky man

My wife only gets turned on when jewelry is involved and I don't mean pearl necklace-if you know what I mean! :) Thanks for the alert, by the way.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, it happens. I check my saddle bag locks and tighten as needed when I service my bike. Maybe I'll try a bit of loctite on the screw next time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had that happen on my Electra Glide, so I try and remember to check them now... Which reminds me, I need to check those before I head west on a roadtrip tomorrow...

Thanks for the reminder! :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I had the bolt the holds the saddlebag mount bracket fall out just after the 1000 service lol. It a 1/4-20 X 3/4 long bolt.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I was adding a tool to my saddlebag today and I noticed the rear twist bolt had popped! That's the first time (that I've noticed) and hopefully the last as I see Brukus in my very near future.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I learned the hard way on my 11 RGU with less then 400 miles clocked. My right bag slid along the pavement for at least 100 feet while taking a left turn on a interstate off ramp. The side latch was scraped up pretty bad along with the Merlot Sunglo. Told my dealer the quick disconnect vibrated loose. They looked at the latch & paint scrape most likely to make sure i didn't lay it down. Without question ordered another bag under warranty. When the new bag arrived a lock swap and good to go!
BTW: Brukus makes the tamper proof torx bolts for the bags so I ordered a set along with their seat secure bolt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts