Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to check my oil for the first time today and I couldn't get the dip stick out! I just kept on unscrewing the lid and it wouldn't lift off. What am I doing wrong? I had the bike serviced last October and have put roughly 1800 miles on since then. I just wanted to check the oil because I have a 70 mile one way commute to work.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Your dipstick does not unscrew, it simply pulls out. Pull and wiggle a bit at the same time, it'll come out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Also, perform the oil check exactly as the manual says. Run it, get it to full operating temperature, rest it on jiffy stand and let it idle for approx. 2 minutes. Shut bike off, and immediately pull the dip stick, wipe, re-insert completely, pull stick and observe level.

I happen to have the same bike and love it. Got the 95 stage II kit.. all the power I need. Also have the tour pack.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
No need to feel like that. We're here to help. Easy questions or hard ones.
Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Talk about feeling like a total idiot!! Thank you.
Don't feel that way I did the same thing and by the way there are some dipsticks out there that do screw in. I have one on mine now but my previous Glide was a pull hard type.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Well, there is the other method, over fill it by about 1/2 a quart then take it out and wind the piss out of it for a couple miles, the dipstick is almost guaranteed to blow out on it's own.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts