Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great ride yesterday with the wife. Started out in Portsmouth, VA, she has never been across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and up the Eastern Shore of VA, so off we went. The CBBT is 17.6 miles long and has two tunnels that go below the bay and connects the Eastern Shore with the rest of civilization. We started out at about 45 degrees at home and it warmed to a blistering average of 50 degrees on the Eastern Shore. Stopped by Stingrays in Cape Charles for lunch. Great food with friendly people. After that we just wandered our way around the coast and made our way back home about 5 hours later. Just a great day. I always enjoy that part of VA and recommend it if you have the chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Been thru the CBBT in my truck, but not the bike. I agree the eastern shore area between Maryland & Virginia is real nice.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lived there from 60 thru 63 and again from 70 thru 74. Enjoyed all of it except the divorce. All my grown kids still live there. Always did enjoy the eastern shore.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Been across many times but never on two wheels. Planning a lunch trip to VA Beach next spring and possibly gonna do OBX Bike Week in April so that will change.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
816 Posts
Went over the CBBT in 2008. On a weeklong rode to wherever, ended up in VB
for the night. Crossed over, then ran 13 all the way up the Delmarva. Made another pass thru Amish country and spent the night in York PA.

I thought it was a blast in the tunnels. My backseater not so much.:D

Like to go back when its not raining and spend a few days poking around
the Delmarva, kinda blew thru it trying to get ahead of the remnants of a hurricane that morning the last time i was there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I lived here in 08-09 then went back home (CA) and unexpectedly got divorced when I got there. Anyway, picked out a new wife and a new bike and headed east to Virginia again. I'm loving it, the wife misses family in CA but does like it here. Definately a lot to see and do, things she never thought she'd see (ie. Wash. DC, Blueridge Parkway, Colonial historic areas, Battlefields.....). Always up for a ride if anyone is in the area. Be safe.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That is on my to-do list for nthe next riding season !!!!! I have been over it many times i my big truck and the car, but never on a bike !!!! Lookin forward to it !!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the toll is a bit steep at $12 and an additional $5 if you return within 24 hrs and kept your receipt. The price we pay for a nice ride I guess.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Stationed in Norfolk in the 83 and 84. Been across the CBBT many times in a truck, or pulling an RV. Its on my bucket list for the bike.:)

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Yup - cool ride for sure - heads up once u hit DE going further north - mega cops in the small towns who will write u for 3 over. DOOF

·
Registered
115 Posts
I grew up in PA, lived in OC MD for a summer and the company I worked for for 8 yrs was out of VA beach I like that area but mostly i miss BLUE CRABS I REALLY REALLY MISS THEM!!!!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Love that ride. This spring when I went to bike week in South Carolina, I headed out rt 50 from Annapolis, then south on 13 through the eastern shore. Crossed the Bay Tunnel/Bridge and picked up 17 south to Edenton where I stopped for the night..
Great lil ride..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts