Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's great oil and several well known builders use it , anyone here using it and your thoughts .. One of the few I haven't tried in the scoot ..

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
you live in alabama. it gets pretty hot there. i wouldn't use it. too low viscosity except for in the wintertime.

i live in the south too, i prefer redline 20w-60 myself.....

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I use Amsoil 20w50 Full Synthetic for motorcycles that has a JASO rating of MA/MA2. Not saying that Amsoil is the best but it's just what I use. The main thing is that the oil has the JASO rating of MA/MA2. The reason being is that it is what works best for roller type bearings which is what is the main type of bearing is in our engines. If the oil does not have that rating it is designed more for plain bearings such as what is in automobile engines. What was explained to me is that the oil designed for plain bearings is much slicker which is great for those types of bearings but can cause roller bearings to basically hydroplane on the oil which can cause them to wear out prematurely. Made sense to me so this is what I go by. Also I don't like to mix brands as they all have different additive packages for different purposes and they may not be compatible.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts