Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can flash a 2017 RGS radio in chicago to flatten out my EQ. Bike sounds sick up to about 60% volume and then i get a little distortion and stop there.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
To be honest I know nothing about that system. When I installed my Biketronics system which is a 2 channel amp and speakers, I was first urged to flash the infotainment to take care of the sound so it would be more normal, but my results were not very good. That company then had me flash it back to stock and install their BT-355 line leveler which they had just come up with to deal with the Harley EQ issues. Problem solved and I've been running it for around 2 years now if my memory serves me right. Maybe see if the BT-355 LL is right for your situation as it would also allow you to be free of relying on someone to reflash your system. Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was thinking about getting that kit. Thought it was OK to run that without needing a flash. How does it sound without the flash?
I also installed their new 6x9 spearker set up in the bag lids

It sounds amazing to about 75 then it starts to distort, now i could adjust the amp down lower to clean it up but i would rather reflash the radio so i can turn on the rear channel and adjust the new lid speakers individually. I could definitly just run the system as is and not push it passed 75% its really really loud and clear. The problem is by not reflashing and leveling the line output your just neutering the new system you just paid alot of money for. The amp that is suppose to put out 400 watts actually puts out 548 watts as per the build shield rockford puts in each amp box from the factory, and the stock system puts out 60 watts i believe so your just amplifying an already amplified signal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest I know nothing about that system. When I installed my Biketronics system which is a 2 channel amp and speakers, I was first urged to flash the infotainment to take care of the sound so it would be more normal, but my results were not very good. That company then had me flash it back to stock and install their BT-355 line leveler which they had just come up with to deal with the Harley EQ issues. Problem solved and I've been running it for around 2 years now if my memory serves me right. Maybe see if the BT-355 LL is right for your situation as it would also allow you to be free of relying on someone to reflash your system. Good luck!
I have really thought about the biketronics line leveler, but after talking to my hd dealership who is a rockford installer has done them both ways and said that when they could flash the system they got better results out of the flash. But you are correct the quality of the flash is whats important, just like tuning and amp or a carb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Front and Rear (HD14-TKIT & TMS69BL14) RF system ordered and in doing some additional research I was told the Flash is highly recommend. Basically, just find a TechnoResearch local dealer (several in IL) and they can flash the bike for you. Also, if you contact RF, they will provide you with a PDF and that has step by step directions for the TechnoResearch dealer. I would load it here, but it is not allowing me to upload that type of file extension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts