Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a new 2019 RG. I am also 6'2'' and the stock handlebars are not really working for me.
Here in Europe we do not have quite the aftermarket access guys in the US have, but we usually can get everything HD can offer.
So, I have my eyes on the Chizeled Lo handlebars. But, just as I was about to buy them I saw a disclaimer that they are not to be mixed with a 21'' front wheel kit.
Now, at the moment I have the stock front wheel, but, in the future I certainly want to get the 21'' front wheel kit, so it bothers me that if I get Chizeled Lo I wont be able to get this.
Other manufacturers, like Factory 47 or Yaffee do not have such warnings...but the handlebars are all very similar...
Why would Harley forbid the mixing of the 21'' wheel kit with Chizeled Lo? Does this severely impact the ride-ability and safety of the bike?

Thanks for your help!

Tom

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
That's odd. I went on HD.com and put in 2019 CVO Roadglide and searched handlebars. None came up. I switched to a 2019 Roadglide Special and bam. All the chiseled bars popped up. The CVO comes with a 21" front wheel.

I'm sure someone who knows a lot more than me will come by and fill us in. I'm curious now. I have 12" Factory 47s and wouldn't hesitate putting a 21" front wheel on. I've also dropped my front end an inch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts