Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the trigger on this tour pack which was for an '08 or older Road Glide. Before I bought it, I'd also bought the rack to mount it to the quick detach docks. But like a dummy, I bought a rack meant for the '15 and above touring bikes but bought the pack for an '08 and below bikes. Suffice it to say, they weren't a match made in heaven so I had to do some modification. In the end, I think it turned out pretty good for what I have into it (about $320). The hardware on the pack is not the best but that can be remedied. The other thing that I'm having a hard time with is the gap that's between the seat and the tour pack itself when looking at it from the back, so I've got some work to do there.

So the wife is happy to have the wrap around backrest and as we all know, that's what's most important.....:rolleyes:

Other recent additions.....replaced the KW 14" Sport Flare with the LRS 12" Stingray. Now I can push those Holy Roller bars forward without hitting the windshield at lock while getting the same wind protection from the new windshield. Also added a set of JBL GTO638 6.5" speakers in the fairing for a little better sound at speed.

So thanks to everyone and this site for giving me great ideas and aiding with the installation of all these goodies.

Attachments

Reactions: Swomack and Gregfry

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks Good Brother.
You were part of my inspiration. I woulda' gotten the razor but decided we travel with too much crap and needed a little extra space. That and the fact that we had to have the bigger back rest. So thanks again...

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You were part of my inspiration. I woulda' gotten the razor but decided we travel with too much crap and needed a little extra space. That and the fact that we had to have the bigger back rest. So thanks again...
Once again glad it worked out for you.
My better half loves the Razor pack.
Much better then a sissy bar for sure and yes the Razor pack isn't big for carrying a lot of stuff but it works perfect for carrying leather jackets, half helmets, beer, ect. For me it was a perfect fit and looks fantastic on our sleds.
Swomack

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks good, now you just need a wine holder for her seat!

Once again glad it worked out for you.
My better half loves the Razor pack.
Much better then a sissy bar for sure and yes the Razor pack isn't big for carrying a lot of stuff but it works perfect for carrying leather jackets, half helmets, beer, ect. For me it was a perfect fit and looks fantastic on our sleds.
Swomack
Swomack, I was gonna ask, what can you actually fit in the razor tourpak? I've always wanted one, just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting any money. I love the look of it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have a few buddies that have the razor pak and they just keep pulling shit out of it when we go away. I keep saying to myself where does all that shit come from. I would take a razor over a king any day it looks killer in comparison. I am definitely going to get one just not sure what company i want to get from. If i had a vivid black bike i would just grab an aftermarket one but i now have black quartz so i would need it painted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts