Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I put 750 miles on the chopped pak and spoiler and couldn't be more pleased with them both. I am especially happy with the crash bar mod which allows me to use my airlite lowers. what do we think?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I added the chopped tourpak and love it. Its detachable but hasn't been off since I put it on a few months ago. Love the look of the fang spoiler but wont lose my lowers and that look to put one on.

Bike looks great.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Love the look of the fang spoiler but wont lose my lowers and that look to put one on.
Agreed, though it WOULD be nice if the MoCo were to modify that fang spoiler to work with the lowers on the Ultras, but I think someone would probably have to do it custom/aftermarket first and generate enough interest before they'd even think about doing it... 10 years from now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks good! Everytime I look at a tour pack, I cant help but ask why the MOCO no longer does the color matched latches and hinges. You pay good money and the old ones used to come color matched. Drives me nuts to have the silver latches on a white bike with white saddlebag latches.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think he modified or made his own brackets so as to use his original crash bar. I love my fairing extension, but do wish I had the option for the lowers like he has done. Great job on that modification.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,948 Posts
well, I put 750 miles on the chopped pak and spoiler and couldn't be more pleased with them both. I am especially happy with the crash bar mod which allows me to use my airlite lowers. what do we think?
That looks terrific. When I look at your overall bike I like everything you've done except I'd be taking that front crash bar to a powdercoater locally and have that done in black to match the rear bar. The chrome on the front one stands out and detracts from all the stuff you've done. Just one guys thoughts. I've run a chopped TP since my bike was new in 2011 and I'd never be without one. When I did mine they didn't make the black hinges/locks so I just got a small bottle of black paint, a small hobby brush, and some masking tape and made my own "black" hardware. It's held up really well and I'll probably do some touch up on them soon as they've faded a bit. I thought of buying the actual black replacements when they became available but HD wants an arm and a leg for them .... even more ridiculous pricing than most things. Lookin' good!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,948 Posts
RGF7680: "I added the chopped tourpak and love it. Its detachable but hasn't been off since I put it on a few months ago."

BH#103: "Looks real good! I don't care what people say but tour paks are the cat's ass!"

I'm with you guys 1000% I've had my color matched chopped TP since day 1. I actually think the styling of the bike isn't complete until you slap a chopped TP on the bike. And John, that's why I try to warn everyone I see on here who says they're going to buy any TP and the quick release hardware not to buy the expensive quick detach hardware because chances are good they'll never use it. I tell them to use the TP without the QD for a month and then see what they think. Most love the convenience of the TP and don't regret not having the QD feature. I think I've had mine off only twice, when I wanted to give the rear end of the bike a real thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks terrific. When I look at your overall bike I like everything you've done except I'd be taking that front crash bar to a powdercoater locally and have that done in black to match the rear bar. The chrome on the front one stands out and detracts from all the stuff you've done. Just one guys thoughts. I've run a chopped TP since my bike was new in 2011 and I'd never be without one. When I did mine they didn't make the black hinges/locks so I just got a small bottle of black paint, a small hobby brush, and some masking tape and made my own "black" hardware. It's held up really well and I'll probably do some touch up on them soon as they've faded a bit. I thought of buying the actual black replacements when they became available but HD wants an arm and a leg for them .... even more ridiculous pricing than most things. Lookin' good!
Roger that. Now that I know that my mod works, i will cut and weld my stock black crash bar. Thanks for the kind words.
The tour pak does really look and function beautifully.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts