Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for chopped tour pak for 2014 and newer. Any colour or minor scratches ok.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Where do you live? I seen a few on Kijiji in Alberta. But just checked my watch list and looks like those ones sold :(

·
Registered
365 Posts
If you are wanting to go after market. My got mine off of Amazon from TCMT. I may upgrade my hardware with HD latch and hinges but for the price you really can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
that includes the wrap around backrest, luggage rack, quick disconnect mount, inside steel mounting plate. And you can see...finish is spot on compared with the OEM saddlebags

·
Registered
365 Posts

Yep pretty much the same as erd. Just under $600.00 CAD ofter duty and taxes. It came with a rack that I haven't installed, and the docking kit and mounting plate and felt liner.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Great minds think alike. I haven't installed my luggage rack yet either.
I like the look of the tour pack without the rack and so far I don't need it. My cousin gave me a great idea about installing the rack and then getting some black bolts with rubber washers to put in when I don't want the rack on. I figure I will wait and see if I ever need the rack before doing that. If the wife agrees to take the bike for any overnight destination I will probably need the rack but that may be the only situation. Possibly if I do a tenting trip it may be easier with the rack.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if you look on eBay, there are a ton of people drop shipping from "Rancho Cucamonga, CA". This is a screenshot of the one I bought. I made them an offer and requested all black hardware. Took about 5 days shipping. I also was looking at my original post...I fat fingered the price..$325 not $225...
Looks Good!
You have the info on the eBay Seller?
Thanks.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
View attachment 413682 if you look on eBay, there are a ton of people drop shipping from "Rancho Cucamonga, CA". This is a screenshot of the one I bought. I made them an offer and requested all black hardware. Took about 5 days shipping. I also was looking at my original post...I fat fingered the price..$325 not $225...
Thanks Erd!
Appreciate it Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
365 Posts
View attachment 413682 if you look on eBay, there are a ton of people drop shipping from "Rancho Cucamonga, CA". This is a screenshot of the one I bought. I made them an offer and requested all black hardware. Took about 5 days shipping. I also was looking at my original post...I fat fingered the price..$325 not $225...
Yep the exact same one that I got, I didn't think to ask about black hardware until after I ordered. When I did they said they were out of stock on the black hardware anyways. They are selling on amazon to Americans for $338.99.
Looks Good!
You have the info on the eBay Seller?
Thanks.
Mike U.
Mike if you wanted the smaller back rest I am sure if you get in touch with the vendor before ordering they will create a package the way you want it. I wish I had contacted the vendor before ordering TCMT was very quick with any question I did have after ordering but I just didn't think to ask them before lol. Still happy with what I ended up with, the wife likes the bigger back rest.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Yep the exact same one that I got, I didn't think to ask about black hardware until after I ordered. When I did they said they were out of stock on the black hardware anyways. They are selling on amazon to Americans for $338.99.

Mike if you wanted the smaller back rest I am sure if you get in touch with the vendor before ordering they will create a package the way you want it. I wish I had contacted the vendor before ordering TCMT was very quick with any question I did have after ordering but I just didn't think to ask them before lol. Still happy with what I ended up with, the wife likes the bigger back rest.
Thanks Ike, I appreciate it Bro!
I already have a chopped TP for traveling was thinking of getting a Razor for everyday riding but I'm still not set on it yet tho.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Anytime.
For the price of these Chinese tour packs a guy really should just get one in every size lol.
I thought about getting another chopped or a king with the wrap back for when my wife rides

·
Registered
365 Posts
I thought about getting another chopped or a king with the wrap back for when my wife rides
Yep I got to pondering after I posted that and would be great to have a king for me and the wife, then I wouldn't have to mount that luggage rack on my chopped. The only problem with the king is they come with all kinds of holes, so I would have to get some speakers and a tail light, but not a big deal. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys, OP here. thanks for the info. How did you guys find the quality in these? Do they close well? Waterproof? Any rattling. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi guys, OP here. thanks for the info. How did you guys find the quality in these? Do they close well? Waterproof? Any rattling. Thanks again

I really like the quality of mine. The docking hardware fits really tight and there is no rattle with my pack. The tether is weak and may need to be replaced but you can get a Drag Specialties tether for $14.00. The lid closes tight and although I haven't tested it I don't think any water would get in. I read a review saying the latch could be a weak spot as well so I lock my tour pack when I travel to avoid the lid opening on its own, but there again a new latch isn't a lot of money and may be worth ordering a lock to match your bike anyways. For the price I really don't think you can miss with these even if you spend the money on OEM hardware you are still way ahead.
Now if you need a certain colour you may want to check out Advanblack or Nastyhog.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a lot, greatly appreciated. My bike is custom painted so I’m going to have it painted any way.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks Ike, I appreciate it Bro!
I already have a chopped TP for traveling was thinking of getting a Razor for everyday riding but I'm still not set on it yet tho.
Mike U.
Mike I looking at getting a Razor for everyday riding as I already have a King. Where did you end up getting your razor from?

Reactions: Mike U
1 - 20 of 29 Posts