Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m thinking of adding a chopped TP to my ‘19 RG Standard. Right now trying to decide between Chopped and King (feel Razor to small for m). I mostly ride solo (though my wife comes occasionally) with my advanced age but usually average one or two trips a year. I prefer to leave it on for convenience and the look. I already have some motorcycle specific luggage from my Vulcan days so I feel I can sacrifice some room the King offers. My question though is just how much can you reasonably stuff in a chopped? I’m thinking a half helmet and a weekend Of clothes for two people? Or a week for just me? Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I personally think the chopped is the way to go. The footprint is the same as the king so all you are losing is depth. If you ever want to put a full helmet in then you will need the king. Or if you have a bag that is a certain hight you wish to utilize then you may want the king. But with a rack on top you can a lot of gear.
And the chopped looks better. :cool:

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I love my chopped, I have both. The chopped definitely looks better IMO. I don’t know what you consider a week or two days worth of luggage to be, I have separate luggage that I use for clothes. I basically use my pack for extras I may need, and sometimes carrying leftovers back to the hotel. There is sufficient space for a half helmet, definitely not a 3/4 or full.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
We use vacuum bags to squish the air out of the clothes to save a ton of space. Might help in your decision.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
What kind of helmet do you wear? If the answer is FF or 3/4 get the king so you can put the helmet in it if you want.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of helmet do you wear? If the answer is FF or 3/4 get the king so you can put the helmet in it if you want.
On my trips (which aren’t often) I ride on the highway with a FF and store my regular half helmet for when I get there

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chopped with a luggage rack > king. Tie the helmet on top with a bunjee style mesh thing with hooks. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: Erilflynn and Bevis
1 - 8 of 8 Posts