Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Did a search but can't find what I'm looking for...

My wife has a '18 SG with V&H Power Duals, TAB mufflers with Zombie baffles, SE Ventilator AC tuned with the Street tuner. She feels a lack of passing power and I realize that most of it is probably in the tune but started looking at different cam options.

I like the Wood 222 or 22X for the low torque and range they keep it there. Definitely an option over the SE Torque kit.

But...

If it was a twin cam I'd use Head-quarters without a second thought but a buddy of mine recommended the Chris Rivas cams for the M8.

Anybody out there used the Rocket 444? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Those cams haven’t exactly picked up much of a following. My advice, stick with a brand that has extensive testing and is tried and true. S&S, Andrews, Woods, etc.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I noticed. lol

Doesn't mean they aren't good, just not as tried as the better known names. I have a lot of respect for the gentleman that recommended them.

We just had her bike tuned better - 103hp/106tq. Now we just have to wait until the snow melts and for her to ride it and see what she thinks.

Cross the cam bridge when/if we get there.

Stephen

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
If you do a search, fuelmoto and stonecold on the other forum did m8 cam comparisons. The rocket is not on there but all the other major players are.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you do a search, fuelmoto and stonecold on the other forum did m8 cam comparisons. The rocket is not on there but all the other major players are.

Thanks, I've seen the Fuelmoto comparison. It's the main reason I lean toward the Wood cams, torque where we ride. Lots of great info out there but I haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Guess I'll just keep looking.

Stephen

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lots of dyno sheets on the tech forum dealing with bolt in cams in M8s. Really not that much difference if looking at apples to apples. The tune is going to be just as important as the chosen cam, if not more.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lots of dyno sheets on the tech forum dealing with bolt in cams in M8s. Really not that much difference if looking at apples to apples. The tune is going to be just as important as the chosen cam, if not more.
I agree 100%, the tune is probably more important than the cam itself. You need a tuner that either knows that cam or has the knowledge to get the most out of it.

Stephen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts