Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
cover

You can just buy a cover. Karyukin or Harley sells them. Easier install and looks great. I have a whole chrome engine kit and it gets more compliments than the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Unless you just "Got to have" the entire primary.....a harley 'cover' looks fine to me. (NO....my bike is not a show winner).

Chuck

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I wan the same thing, real chrome inner primary, not some cheesy looking chrome cover that rests on top.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The cover looks cheesy. Do it right or skip. My .02.
Yes, do it right! I did the chrome inner primary and when I park next to someone with the cover it's night and day difference. You can get the Harley part for a discount from a number of online dealers. Mutter HD and New Castle come to mind as well as Surdyke HD.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I 've have both, a chrome inner on my 04 and a chrome cover on my 10, my 12 is black as it is a CVO and comes with black covers. My .02, unless you are already into the primary for some other reason, get the cover. Once you have to go into the primary, then change it. Why would you want to deal with un assembling the comp, the clutch basket, and all the craps that comes with that. Just to put on a chrome inner.

That's just asking for trouble.

My 10 will get changed to chrome when ever i need to go into the primary.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I 've have both, a chrome inner on my 04 and a chrome cover on my 10, my 12 is black as it is a CVO and comes with black covers. My .02, unless you are already into the primary for some other reason, get the cover. Once you have to go into the primary, then change it. Why would you want to deal with un assembling the comp, the clutch basket, and all the craps that comes with that. Just to put on a chrome inner.

That's just asking for trouble.

My 10 will get changed to chrome when ever i need to go into the primary.
+1. Don't pull it apart just for this. Unless you have the means and time and want to learn more about your bike. Or the extra cash...
Years ago, I polished the stock inner primary on my low rider and it looked awsome. Got compliments on it all the time. Had it polished when I had the motor and tranny out to powder the frame. If you have it off, consider replacing stator, primary chain and/or final drive belt if you have high miles on it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can just buy a cover. Karyukin or Harley sells them. Easier install and looks great. I have a whole chrome engine kit and it gets more compliments than the rest of the bike.
Where'd you get the entire kit and what did it consist of? I've been looking and I've only found it piece by piece

1 - 12 of 12 Posts