Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had my fairing off and thought I would check to see why my lighter blows the fuse if I use it for my GPS or phone. I used a volt meter to check to see if the wires were backwards. As soon as I touched the ground it sparked and I heard a very low click come from the fuse area. I thought it had blown the fuse but it didn't, there is no voltage to the lighter, or the ACC switch or the lighter I have plugged in to the accssorie under the seat. I have a repair manual but have no idea how to tell if there is a relay or another fuse that would have blown when I tried fixing it. Shoulda just left it like it was. I checked the fuse by the meter and I know its good (didn't just look at it) When I stick the meter into the fuse plugs it reads (I don't remember for sure) but 12.5 or 13 volts. But nothing at either lighter. By the way its a 2011 ultra. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually checked them all. but the one I checked voltage on was the top row 2nd from the left. Sorry I don't remember the location. It has a orange/red wire like the lighter.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
If you have a test light hook it to the negative battery terminal and turn the ignition on and check both sides of each fuse for power. If each fuse on both sides has power then start checking the connectors

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked continuity across all of them, I will check them with a light. Is the ACC and lighter on the same circuit?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will it show a code for this? It starts and runs fine, as near as I can tell it has only effected the lighter and the ACC. I'm leaning to the Ignition switch.

·
Registered
593 Posts
no lighter

It's p&a fuse #4. Top row 3rd. From left. Also check connector bk 1a-1b. Make sure you pull fuses and check continuity. Using a test light can give false readings. I AM LOOKING AT A 2011 MANUAL. NO GUARANTEES YOURS IS THE SAME.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts