Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Congratulations. I only started while I was deployed as a social thing, didn't start doing it alot socially until 2012-2013, beginning of the New Year of 2014 my friends and I all stopped and switched to vaping. Started with 18MG in a pen, now we do 3MG / 6MG on a box mod.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Congrats Freedom from tobacco can be a tough road but with determination, family and friends you can achieve this goal. When you get the urge to smoke go for a long ride hard to smoke while riding. Been three years and no longer the get the "urge". What is your wish list with the money saved?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats. I haven't smoked a cigarette since Halloween of 1997. It can happen for you.

Confession time:
Alas, as anyone who has attended a SW can attest, my cigar smoking is a whole 'nother story. 😎

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congrats! Keep pushing through no matter how hard it is! I've been down that road many times and always failed. I'm trying again now...on day 5 without one. Vaping to help me along this time. I once went cold turkey for a year and felt awesome, but for some dumb reason I relapsed and started back up. I hope it doesn't happen to me again. I'm tired of smoking, wasting money, and feeling like crap after walking up a flight of stairs. 1-2 packs a day for the past 22 years sucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats! You'll get to the point where you think to yourself, "I can't believe I actually used to do that!" At the price of cig's these days, per month, thats a car payment.

It's been over 20 years for me and the missus now.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's awesome!!! Question for all that have quit.......besides will power and the desire to quit, what were some of the most effective things you guys used to help kick the habit?
Cold turkey after I watched a guy die of lung cancer from the day he was diagnosed until he died right in front of me. Horrible death. That was April, 1982.
I was a pack a day for ten years prior to that. The stupidest thing I ever did. Smoking also killed both of my parents, father COPD, mother mouth cancer.
No one hates tobacco worse than I do.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just an update. The wife and I made one year today stinky free!! Couldn't have done it without the support from each other!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Very good; I picked up this nasty habit in the Armed Forces and smoked daily for 10 years. Then I met my wife who is a trained nurse... a fervent anti-smoker – that really helped me kick the habit. Furhtermore the state banned smoking in all public places, bars, restaurants etc. That sure helped a lot as well! :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Wife and I quit 6 years ago November when they hit $5.00 per pack and our insurance charged a $50.00 per month nicotine penalty. my 3 packs a day and her 1 was an actual $8500.00 verifiable amount per year.

I get to have a new car/bike every 4 years paid cash. and Yes I still miss my smokes and my Cigars on occasion.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Yes I still miss my smokes and my Cigars on occasion.
Oh I hear ya there amigo - I quit (6) years ago and smoked a pack a day for almost (13) years - Most of the guys I ride with still smoke and whenever we break, they light up - Every now and then, I catch that smell and miss it but have not even hit one in actually almost (7) years

Now Chewing Tobacco.....that was a whole other nightmare and was almost harder for me to quit then smoking - God I have issues.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Congratulations! All of my friends that smoke are slaves to those damn things. They can't function with out them. It's really sad if you think about it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oh I hear ya there amigo - I quit (6) years ago and smoked a pack a day for almost (13) years - Most of the guys I ride with still smoke and whenever we break, they light up - Every now and then, I catch that smell and miss it but have not even hit one in actually almost (7) years

Now Chewing Tobacco.....that was a whole other nightmare and was almost harder for me to quit then smoking - God I have issues.....
try quitting after almost 44 years it was a bitch.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Well, I've been threatening for years, but I'm finally done. It's been seven weeks since I've had a cigarette and I feel like a totally new person. Lungs clear, sinuses clear, taste buds... tasting more, sense of smell becoming sharper every day. I actually can't even stand the smell of a cigarette now. Just truly got tired of being a slave to it and put it down. I'm vaping as a crutch, but I've weaned the nicotine level down to zero already so that part is at least out of the way. Just wanted to share my triumph real quick. It needed to be done, I'm just glad that certain things led to it happening and I found the strength to stand behind my decision like I did. Thanks for listening to the rant.
Carry on, and see y'all in Kerville

Scott
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Will be 31 years in June & I have never missed them. As someone else said; Don't look back & most importantly, don't ever try "just one" Congrats again.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts