Road Glide banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hardest thing i ever did i smoked for over 40 years 3,5 packs a day been smoke free for 3.5 years good luck smokes are priced high now i saved 450.00 a month all went into my bike and parting lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's awesome!!! Question for all that have quit.......besides will power and the desire to quit, what were some of the most effective things you guys used to help kick the habit?

My surgeon said he wouldnt replace my hip if I was smoking, so that was my biggest motivation.Only been a little over 3 mos. for me but I have not had a want to have one and I quit cold turkey like many others here.

Mike

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
That is awesome! Congratulations on better and longer living. That is a great win for you.

Well, I've been threatening for years, but I'm finally done. It's been seven weeks since I've had a cigarette and I feel like a totally new person. Lungs clear, sinuses clear, taste buds... tasting more, sense of smell becoming sharper every day. I actually can't even stand the smell of a cigarette now. Just truly got tired of being a slave to it and put it down. I'm vaping as a crutch, but I've weaned the nicotine level down to zero already so that part is at least out of the way. Just wanted to share my triumph real quick. It needed to be done, I'm just glad that certain things led to it happening and I found the strength to stand behind my decision like I did. Thanks for listening to the rant.
Carry on, and see y'all in Kerville

Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
congrats on your accomplishment. I stopped smoking after an accident I had decades ago. I wish everyone follow your footsteps.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts