Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found some sort of different piece to put in there that stays put and isn't a piece of crap? I keep bending the plastic tabs out a bit ( I never use the plug) and everytime I wipe down the tank this thing falls out. Super annoying.

My idea is to put an o ring on it but I don't have the proper size here.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,783 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,827 Posts
I still use mine on My 12 but if I didn't I would do what @Ike Burns did and put a garage door opener there.
That is if I had a garage door to open. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣!!!!!!!!
Mike U.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The fire missile thingy is creative. I wonder how many times it gets stolen :unsure:

Great use of the cigarette lighter spot. Mind sharing what you did to get that button there

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,783 Posts
The fire missile thingy is creative. I wonder how many times it gets stolen :unsure:

Great use of the cigarette lighter spot. Mind sharing what you did to get that button there
Simple hookup. Solder 2 wires to your door remote, there are videos on youtube how to do this. Buy a 22mm button like this MGI SpeedWare Black Aluminum Push Button Switch 22mm with Socket, 3A 12vDC Ring LED (Momentary, Red): Amazon.ca: Automotive there are others that would work too but it has to be 7/8" or 22mm to fit the existing hole. and this is how my remote fit.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
View attachment 422715 Has anyone found some sort of different piece to put in there that stays put and isn't a piece of crap? I keep bending the plastic tabs out a bit ( I never use the plug) and everytime I wipe down the tank this thing falls out. Super annoying.

My idea is to put an o ring on it but I don't have the proper size here.

Superglue

·
Registered
'21 ICON #411, '21 ICON #908, '21 RGS, '20 Deluxe, '17 Deluxe, '14 CVO Deluxe. '68 Aermacchi SS350
86 Posts

Saw one on eBay that said "EJECT"

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,101 Posts
Heat shrink around the inserted part did the trick for me. Just enough resistance to stay put.

Reactions: Oclaf

·
Registered
2020 H-D FLTRX Road Glide
987 Posts
I used a heat gun to soften the tabs prior to bending out. Retains the new position better when cooled, rather than just bending out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i put a blue "NITROUS" plug in mine.

sorry, no pic of it on the bike, but it garners lots of laughs as it's easily seen against my Mirage Orange Pearl.

·
Registered
'21 ICON #411, '21 ICON #908, '21 RGS, '20 Deluxe, '17 Deluxe, '14 CVO Deluxe. '68 Aermacchi SS350
86 Posts
Beware. I was reading up on the negative reviews of some of the sellers on Amazon. A few have experienced little fires from these shorting out. A $12.00 investment might cost you more. Some also don't fit perfectly...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts