Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after our recent trip to York and back. Great route by the way. I was going over the bike and noticed the cig. lighter is getting loose in the inner fairing. Is the there a nut on the backside that holds the housing in place? Or can I use some black RTV to hold it still, on the back side, and keep it from getting looser? I use it as a power port for my Garmin unit and has served me well. TIA

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured, outer fairing comes off. I use the Garmin power adapter and haven't had any issues concerning the weather. Also been thinking of plugging into the Deutsch accy. plug under the seat. Thanks for the info.

· Premium Member
644 Posts
after our recent trip to York and back. Great route by the way. I was going over the bike and noticed the cig. lighter is getting loose in the inner fairing. Is the there a nut on the backside that holds the housing in place? Or can I use some black RTV to hold it still, on the back side, and keep it from getting looser? I use it as a power port for my Garmin unit and has served me well. TIA
If you wanted to bypass the cigarette port all together you could always get a 12v Power Port and wire it to your Garmin power cord. This would then allow you to plug the 12v Power Port connector to the AUX plug located under the seat and route the cabling under the fuel tank the up between the neck / inner fairing to your Garmin. This would then give you the ability to control power to the unit via the ACC switch on the bikes dash. Prior to using the iPhone as the GPS, this is how we wired up power to our Garmin Zumo. Just something to consider....

http://www.ironacesspeedshop.com/supplemental-12v-power-point/

Lindsey :0)

btw...when we didn't have the Zumo on the bike, we used a piece of Velcro to "tie" the Zumo power cord to the clutch cable so that it was essentially invisible and not 'flopping around' in the wind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.