Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone rode "Claw of the Dragon"? A few of my co-workers are wanting to made a weekend trip of it. Its in south west Virginia.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Will be in that area next week for glidefest.

IMO, entrepreneurs are just trying to capitalize on the success the "Tail of the Dragon" marketing had on the Graham County area of North Carolina. The "Tail of the Dragon" is unique in that there are no driveways along it's 11 miles. Unfortunately, over the years pull offs have been established and the level of traffic have created hazards that we didn't deal with years ago.

I know the "Devils Triangle" in Tennessee is plagued with coal trucks and timber trucks along the route which makes it less fun on bikes, but you can get your "T-shirt" at the Devils Triangle store and convenience stop. :grin:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Good riding all over sw VA. North/South routes are generally across the mountains with lots of turns and elevation. East/West routes are generally in the valleys through farm country. Make a loop anywhere and enjoy the views. Then there is the "Head of the Dragon" now that takes you up into West Virginia coal country.
https://www.headofthedragonwv.com/
When is someone going to make the twin peaks of the dragon roadway? >:)

See poster in link.

https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/tail-of-the-dragon-map/

I was forced to take this poster down at work because the SHARP lady said someone might find it offensive.

·
Registered
757 Posts
When is someone going to make the twin peaks of the dragon roadway? >:)

See poster in link.

https://tailofthedragonmaps.com/tail-of-the-dragon-map/

I was forced to take this poster down at work because the SHARP lady said someone might find it offensive.
So what do the Skin Heads Against Racial Prejudice have against a fire-breathing half-woman half-dragon anyhow? Maybe you should tell her that you now self identify as such a beast and she is infringing on your special snowflake status.:wink:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will be in that area next week for glidefest.

IMO, entrepreneurs are just trying to capitalize on the success the "Tail of the Dragon" marketing had on the Graham County area of North Carolina. The "Tail of the Dragon" is unique in that there are no driveways along it's 11 miles. Unfortunately, over the years pull offs have been established and the level of traffic have created hazards that we didn't deal with years ago.

I know the "Devils Triangle" in Tennessee is plagued with coal trucks and timber trucks along the route which makes it less fun on bikes, but you can get your "T-shirt" at the Devils Triangle store and convenience stop. :grin:
How did I miss Glidefest!!!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
How did I miss Glidefest!!!!
The roads were wild and crazy and tiring to ride. Totally made the Tail of the Dragon look tame. Most of the roads that make up the Claw of the Dragon are like that, but without the commercialization that Rt. 129 (TotD) has. You will enjoy the area.

Reactions: Tony Tony
1 - 11 of 11 Posts