Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I removed everything from the rear fender, frenched in the tag, added some LED lights in the plexiglass for illumination, and added HD's Keystone filler lights. Only problem is the turn signal indictor flashes quickly, indicating a blown bulb, however its because there are no rear bulbs. I may have to add some resistors to correct. Anyone with suggestions?

Before:

After:

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
Alright, so I removed everything from the rear fender, frenched in the tag, added some LED lights in the plexiglass for illumination, and added HD's Keystone filler lights. Only problem is the turn signal indictor flashes quickly, indicating a blown bulb, however its because there are no rear bulbs. I may have to add some resistors to correct. Anyone with suggestions?

Before:

After:
I don't know but someone said turn the 4-ways on for a few minutes. It will fix itself.
What year bike You on now ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I added the CD fairing mount turn signals to my 15 RGS the indicator flashes quickly but the signals operate normaly. The LEDs have less resistance than a bulb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know but someone said turn the 4-ways on for a few minutes. It will fix itself.
What year bike You on now ?
15 Road King

What's the steps to be taken with the flasher suggestion?

Turn ignition to accessory, turn on flasher, then turn ignition to on?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
15 Road King

What's the steps to be taken with the flasher suggestion?

Turn ignition to accessory, turn on flasher, then turn ignition to on?
This should work on all models that have the CAN Bus system;

1. Turn Ignition on (but don't start the bike)
2. Turn on the hazard lights
3. Turn the Ignition off and let the hazard lights run. If the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause, which is normal. The hazards will go back to flashing normally in a few moments
4. Once the flashers are flashing normally again....................
5. Let hazards run a couple minutes
6. Turn Ignition back on
7. Turn off hazards
8. Turn Ignition off and then back on
9. Check function of both turn signals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts