Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got what looks like water spots on my wheels. Eagle 1 wheel cleaner does not remove them. I'm thinking maybe an aluminum polish might solve the problem. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have to laugh because I've spent hours cleaning my 28 spoke aluminum wheel on the RGU. I'm using Mothers Aluminum wheel and Mag cleaner. Put it on and rub off black tarnish over and over and over..... :eek: Yes they are starting to look new again BUT I figured once the black tarnish doesn't show on the terry cloth...Its wax time. I can report there is no end to tarnish. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Diamond Brite Tool Box Polish...you can get it at Lowe's (home improvement) in the tool box section. Its about 12 bucks a bottle...works like a charm. I have used this stuff for years.
Works great on chrome too. I use it on our cars, truck & bikes.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've not specifically used on aluminum wheels....but, I've used Turtle Wax chrome polish and rust remover on any piece of metal on several bikes. The stuff is cheap but works like magic on everything I've applied it to from chrome to removing exhaust discoloration on brushed metal.

Don't let the bottle or price fool you...it's good stuff. Worth a try. :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Tracy.... Thanks Sis! I will give it a try. I have to be careful what I use don't harm the black paint on the Wheels. Man, I can't wait to replace those wheels.... Did I say how I hate Aluminum? :eek::eek:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Just be sure to check the label on any chrome polish. Unless things have changed, it used to be that most chrome polish would hurt aluminum, and would always say on the label not to use on aluminum parts.
Mothers aluminum polish is what I always used though when I had bare or polished aluminum parts. However polishing sucks, thats why everything I have is painted black now :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up a bottle of diamond brite today. Tested it out on a section of my front wheel. All I can say is this stuff kicks azz! Rub it on, let dry, wipe off. Very easy to use! Thanks Tracy.:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ichiban, I found it right where Tracy said, with the truck toolboxes.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
That is very good to hear. I am going to stop in at Lowes tomorrow.
+1... Way cheaper than stopping at the HD shop, and since the weather is crap here for the next few days, I can get some shinin done... :D

I stopped in at the local shop today for coffee and left with more parts. Damn it... :D Oh well they were must haves. Aren't they all? It's much less inconspicuous, than getting boxes left on the porch... :eek:Twice this week, I have heard, you have ANOTHER box on the porch. It's like HD christmas. :rolleyes:

Rowdy

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
Cool...glad it worked for ya Sas. It does wonder on your chrome too. Even tho you think your chrome is shiny, put a lil dab of this on and then watch out! The shine will blind ya!

And Rowdy...Oh how I love HD Christmas...lol So what did Santa get ya?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts