Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since a Stage 2 upgrade in December I am getting a rather loud click noise coming from what seems to be the throttle body, just behind the air cleaner.
Maybe this is normal ? I never had the SE heavy breather on my bikes so maybe that click noise was always there but now its more obvious...

Its a one time click that happens as soon as I turn on the ignition...
Is it the fuel pump turning on ?
-
Any one has experienced this ?

thanks -

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I have had bikes with low restriction air cleaners and the sound of the throttle plate was very loud, in my case it took a little getting used too. I am not sure if this is your issue but it could be.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Ever since a Stage 2 upgrade in December I am getting a rather loud click noise coming from what seems to be the throttle body, just behind the air cleaner.
Maybe this is normal ? I never had the SE heavy breather on my bikes so maybe that click noise was always there but now its more obvious...

Its a one time click that happens as soon as I turn on the ignition...
Is it the fuel pump turning on ?
-
Any one has experienced this ?

thanks -
Yes it is the fuel pump from what you just described and it is normal. It's amazing what we start hearing once we do mods.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
either the fuel pump or the automatic compression releases. my acrs do a pretty loud click, while the fuel pump clicks then whirs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had the same thing when I added a tuner, freaked me out - finally figured out it was the ACR’s. I turned it off in the tuner settings (just to test, don’t leave it off) and it went away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts