Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know this adjustment isn't too hard, but I found something that looks like it'll make the job even easier. Snap On used to make an 11/16" spark plug socket with a hex on the other end that should be perfect for adjusting the clutch basket. This socket's been discontinued, and I'm told that they are difficult to find.

In any case, I found a guy on ebay who has a few, and is selling them for $11.50. I bought one, and I thought I'd give y'all a heads up on them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Snap-on-11-16-3-8-Dr-6Pt-Spark-Plug-Socket-S9727K-/270953516952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16168f98#ht_918wt_1165

Cheers. -Jay

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hey all,

I know this adjustment isn't too hard, but I found something that looks like it'll make the job even easier. Snap On used to make an 11/16" spark plug socket with a hex on the other end that should be perfect for adjusting the clutch basket. This socket's been discontinued, and I'm told that they are difficult to find.

In any case, I found a guy on ebay who has a few, and is selling them for $11.50. I bought one, and I thought I'd give y'all a heads up on them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Snap-on-11-16-3-8-Dr-6Pt-Spark-Plug-Socket-S9727K-/270953516952?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16168f98#ht_918wt_1165

Cheers. -Jay
i just welded a nut on the end of an old socket and it works great.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, yeah. I'm not saying it's a must have for for everybody. Just saying it's going to make it very easy for me, and it's cheap enough.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I bought one. I like doing my own clutch work and this will come in handy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Lots of good work arounds here. Mine would be to take that 11/16" socket over to the work bench grinder and put a couple of flat spots on opposite sides. This makes it very easy to put a crescent wrench on it while allowing an allen key to go inside. It can still be used with your 3/8" driver like always too. No harm, no foul...everybody wins.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I have a 3 pc spark plug socket set I've had for years (I think it's a Stanley or maybe Autozone brand) and they all have the hex head on them.

Ricky

1 - 13 of 13 Posts