Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've adjusteed my clutch a few times since getting the bike and it alwasy seems to be rather abrupt engagement - I'm sure it can be adjusted to have a smoother engagement but in order to do that, do I need to tightern the adjusting screw a little bit more or loosen it just a smidge?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
have you tried different fluids in the primary? maybe it's the type of oil in there? Might make a difference going to primary oil,atf,etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The. Engagement is your transmission I use amsoil transmission oil. I understand that redline maybe even better because it sticks or adheres better. They bikes do engage like that. My 2 cents

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've reviews the video, the guidance in this forum and even read the instructions in the manual - and I'm following the procedure correctly. os that seems to be consistent. I did just change the oil last night and am switching from HD Forumla+ to Redline Primary oil. Haven't ridden it yet with the new brand of oil but will follow up on this thread whether or not I can tell a difference. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I only adjust my clutch if it feels out of adjustment. If your clutch feels good and normal then there is no need to adjust, when I did the clutch adjustment the first few times I seen that the clutch never needed adjustment so I don't mess with it to often now. The book says to turn the set screw out 1/2 to 1 full turn so I just split the difference and go 3/4 of a turn and my clutch works fine. But if you are in there and it make you feel better then go ahead and check the adjustment of your clutch.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
I'm definitely a believer in Red Line Shock Proof.
Been using it for years, in the trans, with much success.
I also use Red Line Motor Oil and Primary Oil.
Very happy with their products.
Mike U.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts