Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running a SE clutch spring on my setup. I'm debating on doing a hydraulic conversion or going back to the stock spring and adding the AIM/FM variable pressure clutch setup.

My end result is having less Popeye forearm after riding in stop and go traffic for a while.

Pros? Cons?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Not one of your listed choices but I went with a "Clutch Wiz" after installing a Barnett extra plate clutch kit and I'm quite happy with it.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I'm currently running a SE clutch spring on my setup. I'm debating on doing a hydraulic conversion or going back to the stock spring and adding the AIM/FM variable pressure clutch setup.

My end result is having less Popeye forearm after riding in stop and go traffic for a while.

Pros? Cons?
after installing cams and a 2 into1 my clutch was slipping in 4, 5 & 6. I did not want a harder clutch pull, as you have experienced, and went with the AIM variable pressure clutch setup. Took care of the the problem.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Bandit Sportsman.

This clutch has so much surface area that you can set it up much lighter than stock and it will hold solid.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
after installing cams and a 2 into1 my clutch was slipping in 4, 5 & 6. I did not want a harder clutch pull, as you have experienced, and went with the AIM variable pressure clutch setup. Took care of the the problem.
+1 on the AIM VPC. I also installed cams and have used the AIM/VPC ever since I had a 95" setup in my old bike. I'm using stock clutch spring with no slipping and have over 100/100.

You won't be sorry and no Popeye arms either. lol

·
Registered
809 Posts

Pros? Cons?
What to do will really depend on at what RPM the stock set up was slipping at. Most of the variable pressure plates don't start working until 3-4 thousand RPM's. If you go hydraulic, I would see if I could find one to try before I bought one, the hyd. conversion on my RK is actually harder to pull then the stock clutch, but that could be from the master cyl. bore size on mine.

·
Registered
546 Posts
On my 113" I used a hydraulic actuated stock clutch with a VPC 84T, held 133 tq no problem. Easy pull even at high rpm.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Not one of your listed choices but I went with a "Clutch Wiz" after installing a Barnett extra plate clutch kit and I'm quite happy with it.
Had one on my Andrews 57-equipped CVO, along with the Barnett +1 and the heavier spring. I ran through that sucker all the time. Ended up taking it off and dealing with the heavier pull.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
I run a S&S vpc with a energy one extra plate clutch pack she holds 132/134 no problems.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the AIM/Fuel Moto this morning, then I went out to the shop and put the stock spring back in. I forgot how easy it is to pull. I just have to remember to be easy on it until the new parts get here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts