Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice on a reliable clutch setup ( hub, basket and plates) for a high torque 117" engine build... Se plates in it now with stock basket and hub, but I don't trust the basket and hub to hold together....looking at revera primo and Barnett, any suggestions greatly appreciated.. Thx guys....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Need advice on a reliable clutch setup ( hub, basket and plates) for a high torque 117" engine build... Se plates in it now with stock basket and hub, but I don't trust the basket and hub to hold together....looking at revera primo and Barnett, any suggestions greatly appreciated.. Thx guys....
I have a primo pro clutch with their VPP in my road king, it puts down 140 squared.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I also have the Rivera Primo and really like it. Based on the reviews I looked at it is a coin toss between Rivera Primo and Barnett. I think you will be pleased with either one.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Evolution Industries (Diamond Ternimator.) They make parts for Primo, AIM and more. Why not go straight to the source?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Of all the big engines we build, never had a clutch basket come unglued.
Look no father than a VPC 92T with a Barnett spring.
Scott

·
Registered
304 Posts
Barnett scorpion here.

Do yourself a favor and buy the clutch lock plate. You'll need it to properly torque the nut on the mainshaft. http://www.barnettclutches.com/clutch-lock-plate.html

Clutch grabs & holds great, hooks up noticeably better than it did with the SE clutch and heavy spring that was in there from day one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Evolution Industries (Diamond Ternimator.) They make parts for Primo, AIM and more. Why not go straight to the source?
+1 on the Evolution. Flawless in my build, 2 other big inch builds my mechanic did that are 140+HP have the same result...very nice clutch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I run an Aim CF2 Second Generation.When you get into the big horsepower it just makes sense to run the good stuff.They are alittle expensive but broken cranks are even more expensive.A cast aluminum basket is a disaster looking for a place to happen in a big horsepower build.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, guys....I ordered the Scorpion, due in Monday....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts