Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 FLTRXS Marine Blue and Gloss black, chrome edition
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my new 2022 Roadglide only 1500 miles, I notice a "click" on my clutch lever as I am in the process of down shifting. As I'm excellerating and going through the gears it is fine. If I downshift slowly disenguaging the clutch and down shift, it still makes a click I can feel through the clutch lever. Has anyone had this problem on the new Roadglides. The dealership says they haven't heard of this problem, but that is not surprising. Comments? solutions?

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
On my new 2022 Roadglide only 1500 miles, I notice a "click" on my clutch lever as I am in the process of down shifting. As I'm excellerating and going through the gears it is fine. If I downshift slowly disenguaging the clutch and down shift, it still makes a click I can feel through the clutch lever. Has anyone had this problem on the new Roadglides. The dealership says they haven't heard of this problem, but that is not surprising. Comments? solutions?
Did the dealer test ride it? Just because they haven't heard of this problem doesn't mean your bike doesn't have a problem.

·
Registered
2022 FLTRK
33 Posts
I'm taking my 2022 in for its first service tomorrow and I have the same issue and asked them to look into it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
21 Limited mine does it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine does it too,I think I have narrowed it down to the way the cable adjuster works. It's two cables connected with a spring loaded plastic thingy in the middle. I'm doing my 15k this week so I'm gonna lube the crap out of it and see where that gets me. Unfortunately from what I can figure it actually is one of those they all do it things.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just replaced the plastic thingy on mine with a metal one from fat baggers. No click and some piece of mind that the thingy won’t fail.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just replaced the plastic thingy on mine with a metal one from fat baggers. No click and some piece of mind that the thingy won’t fail.
Is this what you are referring to?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Is this what you are referring to?

Yes that’s it, there’s been reports of failures leaving guys dead in the water. I figured that was cheap piece of mind replacing that cheap plastic piece.

Also makes it real easy to adjust the clutch free play.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did the dealer test ride it? Just because they haven't heard of this problem doesn't mean your bike doesn't have a problem.
Yea, they test road the bike as it had more miles on it than when I first looked at it in the dealership. You're right about the comment that the problem is there, so it doen't make sense to ignore it. I have a friend with an Ultra classic, and he has the same thing only in both up shifting and down shifting. He notices if he squeeses the clutch lever slowly, it doesn't click. So that might be a clue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine does it too,I think I have narrowed it down to the way the cable adjuster works. It's two cables connected with a spring loaded plastic thingy in the middle. I'm doing my 15k this week so I'm gonna lube the crap out of it and see where that gets me. Unfortunately from what I can figure it actually is one of those they all do it things.
Yes, it's and "Unadvertised feature".:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '21 RG Limited does it also while down shifting,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do. I called today and was told they are still working on it. Hopefully will hear back from them by the weekend
Ok, anxious to hear what corporate has for a fix on this as there are a number of folks that come up with replying as to the fact that they experience this same quirk in the clutch cable action while shifting.

·
Registered
2021 Road Glide Special
167 Posts
Yup...just picked up a brand new 21 RGS a week ago and put about 700 miles on it in 4 days. I noticed this too. Doesn't happen all the time, but happens mostly on upshift for me. I kept thinking i was quick shifting it too much...not fully pulling in clutch before shifting, but not so sure that's the issue...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts