Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Road Glide 18,000 miles, I changed the stock clutch and plates to a Barnett set without issue. This is the second time I changed the primary fluid and was beginning to adjust the clutch. When I screwed the cable adjusting nut together to allow play I ended up with about an inch and an eighth (1 1/8) of play at the lever and can`t seem to adjust it out after screwing in the adjusting screw in and backing off a half turn. I have tired both backing out less and more but the cable adjustment still seems to much, like it has stretched or something has come undone?
I have tried searching posts, nothing came up the addressed this issue that I could find.
I thought adjusting the shovel was difficult...
Thanks,
Harry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I reviewed several "how too" adjust videos prior to attempting and have had no problems the last three adjustments. This time when I screw the cable adjust nut all the way in, adjust the diaphragm screw and nut, I have too much cable to come up with an 1/8 to 1/4 inch at lever. The adjustment screw comes out of the sleeve nut?
Thanks for replying
HDS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts