Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 01 fatboy i adjusted the clutch according to manual with 1 full turn at clutch and 1/8 space at the cable and as soon as i start to release it it engages just as it should with no problem. i got a new 2012 RGU and at a stop on a hill it would chug and bog as i let the clutch out. i thought had a fuel problem so i took it to a dealer and they said it was the clutch and they adjusted it. it was a little better but still chugs and bogs down from a stop on a hill. i inspected their work and there was no play at all in cable and adjusted cable to specs. i need this clutch to engage firmly as soon as i start to let it out.am i missing something ? i did it 1 turn at clutch and 1/8 at cable. i don't know what your plan is to fix it...but i like it already.

thank for any advice

·
Registered
498 Posts
on my 01 fatboy i adjusted the clutch according to manual with 1 full turn at clutch and 1/8 space at the cable and as soon as i start to release it it engages just as it should with no problem. i got a new 2012 RGU and at a stop on a hill it would chug and bog as i let the clutch out. i thought had a fuel problem so i took it to a dealer and they said it was the clutch and they adjusted it. it was a little better but still chugs and bogs down from a stop on a hill. i inspected their work and there was no play at all in cable and adjusted cable to specs. i need this clutch to engage firmly as soon as i start to let it out.am i missing something ? i did it 1 turn at clutch and 1/8 at cable. i don't know what your plan is to fix it...but i like it already.

thank for any advice
I do mine 1/2 turn on the adjustment. That's by the manual and it works good. Finding neutral is easy and the release is perfect. Just did it last week.

Look at the clutch when you make the adjustment. I could barely feel the resistance when I turned it in so I looked for the clutch to separate. As soon as it moves to release, that is my starting point to back off 1/2 turn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts