Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am a wimp. At 6’7” and 270 pounds, I have severe pain in my left wrist. Arthritis, carpel tunnel, IDK, but not good either way. Looking for a way to ease pull on the clutch. Ideas that really work for my 2020 RG???

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Rekluse clutch slave cylinder made a difference on mine and better clutch feel(engagement point). The other two contenders are AIM and Mueller. No idea how they differ in pull reduction. They due vary in price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got the Soft Brake clutch lever. Its basically a bent lever. lol. It makes the clutch feel 100 times better. The engagement is much closer to the grip when letting out the clutch.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I never thought I would see the day that I could not comfortably pull a clutch lever.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Rekluse clutch slave cylinder made a difference on mine and better clutch feel(engagement point). The other two contenders are AIM and Mueller. No idea how they differ in pull reduction. They due vary in price.
I do not have a Rekluse but I have ridden a bike with it and I know it will help:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder if you can piggyback a Recluse slave cylinder "with" a Recluse clutch??
Kevin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Guess I was remembering something else
I was curious since I'm replacing the AIM unit which had a slow leak with the Rekluse save cylinder...... That auto clutch seemed intriguing for future reference if I ever acquire grip and pain issues like the OP.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great works with the Radius. Don't quite think I need it yet, but I'm sure someday!!
Thanks rydin2 good looking out!!
Even if you don't need it yet, it sure is nice with the reduced pull. Bonus points for creating a friction zone rather than friction point!

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,310 Posts
Ya someone mentioned the Rekluse slave about a month ago, and although I don't have any issues with the clutch I still needed to research it and talk myself out of buying it lol. I don't sit in much traffic with my bike but if I did I would consider that auto clutch.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's cool in that if you want to use it you can. I use the clutch like normal, but it's nice to pull it in & let it out, (back and forth) at a light, and if you need to turn around and look behind you, you can let it out. Then if the light changes quick, you can just twist the throttle and go, without bring caught off guard, pulling the clutch in, shift into first, let out the clutch and throttle out. Doesn't matter how long I've ridden, I hate looking around then looking up and seeing the light had already turned green.....lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ya someone mentioned the Rekluse slave about a month ago, and although I don't have any issues with the clutch I still needed to research it and talk myself out of buying it lol. I don't sit in much traffic with my bike but if I did I would consider that auto clutch.
Even with normal traffic it's weird to slow to a stop, without pulling in the clutch, then just giving it throttle after you stop, or almost dead stop....lol.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm running the AIM unit and it is without a doubt a welcomed improvement no matter how easy it is for you to pull the clutch lever on a stock bike. Install is pretty straightforward and not too difficult.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I've heard good things about the Mueller unit. I'll probably end up with one at some point.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,281 Posts
I have the AIM slave cylinder. It was a no-brainer, as the company is here in SoCal and they did the install for free. It was also at the time when I received the HD slave cylinder recall for my 2018, so I did that instead. The clutch pull resistance change was amazing; smooth, easy and I loved the difference in engagement. Having said all that, I suspect that there might be a leak issue as rydin2 mentioned. My fluid level dropped to the point that I had air in the line, which led to a little surprise ride (couldn't get the clutch to disengage gears). Fixed it by bleeding the line and adding Dot4. I'll bring it up with AIM; their customer service has been great (again, they did the install for free).
Whatever one you choose, I would encourage you to get rid of the stock slave cylinder; don't wait. The difference will make you shake your head and your left hand will smile. This is one more thing that the MoCo didn't get right.

·
Registered
137 Posts
they came out with an update to aim sent me new one seals where bad..had it for a year gave me new one for free..

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts