Road Glide banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Do we have a Fuelmoto discount? I’m about to pull the trigger on one of the 3 while replacing by clutch cable. Recluse being the cheapest of them. The mueller definitely has some good reviews tho

·
Registered
159 Posts
I suspect that there might be a leak issue as rydin2 mentioned. My fluid level dropped to the point that I had air in the line, which led to a little surprise ride (couldn't get the clutch to disengage gears). Fixed it by bleeding the line and adding Dot4.
Yep, exactly my experience. I could tell It was time to refill when neutral became elusive.....

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I have the Oberon adjustable clutch lever on my current and last M8. It works very well, affordable and 5 minutes or less to install..

I have the SE heavy duty clutch springs and it still an easy draw, it engages right off the grip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had the AIM, but had the leakage problem...had HD do the recall and installed the soft brake clutch lever. I am happy with that. Easy pull and closer friction point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I am a wimp. At 6’7” and 270 pounds, I have severe pain in my left wrist. Arthritis, carpel tunnel, IDK, but not good either way. Looking for a way to ease pull on the clutch. Ideas that really work for my 2020 RG???
I had the same problem. I went and got injections in both wrists and all I can say is what a difference. You might consider checking into this procedure.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Mueller on mine, It does all that is mentioned above. No leakage, about 8000 miles on it and thankful for it. Good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed the mueller slave cylinder on my bike over the weekend....all I have to say is man what a difference.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Problem completely solved. The combination of Oberon clutch lever, and Rekluse slave cut effort about in half. Plus, not so grabby, and friction zone starts closer to the grip. Everything I was looking for. Thank for all the help and suggestions.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Mines shows delivery today. Hoping for the same results.

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
146 Posts
Problem completely solved. The combination of Oberon clutch lever, and Rekluse slave cut effort about in half. Plus, not so grabby, and friction zone starts closer to the grip. Everything I was looking for. Thank for all the help and suggestions.
Damnit. I’m in. Ordering next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Put 125 miles through the hills on today. Big difference. As someone said, the bike will not start in first gear with the clutch lever pulled in if the lever setting is on 2. That is the setting that I prefer. It will start with the lever set on 3, still a better position than stock lever. I have never had to start with the bike in gear, so it makes no difference to me. Easy to change the lever setting if you felt the need. The Rekluse is a whole new deal for me, and the friction zone starts about 1/2” off of the grip and is much smoother with no grab with the Oberon set on 2. Perfect.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts