Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RGS 128
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I upgraded my bars to 13" Dominators and replaced the clutch lever and perch to an easy pull set up from 1FNGR. After install I found that even at full stretch on the adjuster the clutch is staying engaged and not returning back after pull. This is annoying the crap out of me as it appears as though my stock cable is actually too long to do the job. I'm thinking perhaps putting a loop in it, or fastening on a long path along the frame may help the situation but I'm not sure. This morning I decided to pull the cover tot he transmission where the clutch cable enters thinking there may be an adjustment in there, no luck. Just made a giant mess of my lift as I wasn't expecting popping off that access plate to find direct fluid exposure to the tranny. Guess I need a quart of transmission fluid now!

If anybody has any idea's as to what may work here I'd appreciate the suggestions. Its going to be 70 degrees here tomorrow for the first time since October and I'd love to get the maiden voyage in, but this is hampering my ability to do that!

·
Registered
2021 RGS 128
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can pull the cable and it pulls in, but it only starts pulling at about half pull, then it does not 'reset' to full extension but rather only to about half way out. I think its the 1FNGR perch and reduced pull clutch causing the problem. I asked a Harley mechanic and he said the same thing, the cable shouldn't make the difference in that way. I think I am going to put the stock clutch back on it tonight and see if it works to rule out the bars, and then I can see if the 1FNGR can be figured out afterwards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
So I upgraded my bars to 13" Dominators and replaced the clutch lever and perch to an easy pull set up from 1FNGR. After install I found that even at full stretch on the adjuster the clutch is staying engaged and not returning back after pull. This is annoying the crap out of me as it appears as though my stock cable is actually too long to do the job. I'm thinking perhaps putting a loop in it, or fastening on a long path along the frame may help the situation but I'm not sure. This morning I decided to pull the cover tot he transmission where the clutch cable enters thinking there may be an adjustment in there, no luck. Just made a giant mess of my lift as I wasn't expecting popping off that access plate to find direct fluid exposure to the tranny. Guess I need a quart of transmission fluid now!

If anybody has any idea's as to what may work here I'd appreciate the suggestions. Its going to be 70 degrees here tomorrow for the first time since October and I'd love to get the maiden voyage in, but this is hampering my ability to do that!
🤦🏻‍♂️🤯

·
Registered
2021 RGS 128
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted 1FNGR but like many companies these days, NO PHONE NUMBER. Since I bought my levers back in November they now have an option spacer you can add for $10. The note says 'for bikes with excessive slack in the clutch cable this spacer may be required'. Sure would have been nice to know that!

I just ordered the spacer - $10+9.50 shipping for a little piece that should be included. WTF

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,582 Posts
Hopefully it does the trick. Sucks an added cost for a design error.

·
Registered
2021 RGS 128
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they did do a good thing and saw my order after my help email and refunded $5 to me. I might have to reinstall factory clutch and perch tonight if I want to ride tomorrow though. Stopped at the local harley at lunch an grabbed a quart of tranny and primary fluid from Amsoil for it, so thats good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So they did do a good thing and saw my order after my help email and refunded $5 to me. I might have to reinstall factory clutch and perch tonight if I want to ride tomorrow though. Stopped at the local harley at lunch an grabbed a quart of tranny and primary fluid from Amsoil for it, so thats good to go.
I'm thinking about getting this for my 21 RGS and it looks like it's now sold with the spacer as an option. Did the spacer take care of your problem? Any pics of your setup?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts