Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to open up my primary to replace the Stator, in the process I removed the Clutch pack assembly. In hindsight I guess I didnt have to do that. But any how once I loosened and removed the nut on the transmission shaft I noticed that under that nut was a bunch of metal chunks and shavings. I have attached pictures, and you can barely make it out but you can see in the close up shot below and to the right of where OUT is stamped, it looks broken. What is that and do I need to replace it or just put it all back together and ride it like I stole it.
2001 Road Glide EFI

·
Registered
809 Posts
I had to open up my primary to replace the Stator, in the process I removed the Clutch pack assembly. In hindsight I guess I didnt have to do that. But any how once I loosened and removed the nut on the transmission shaft I noticed that under that nut was a bunch of metal chunks and shavings. I have attached pictures, and you can barely make it out but you can see in the close up shot below and to the right of where OUT is stamped, it looks broken. What is that and do I need to replace it or just put it all back together and ride it like I stole it.
2001 Road Glide EFI

To me it looks like friction plate sludge, but since it is apart check out all the bearings and if you have doubts replace them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts