Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my wife's 2016 RGS out today. Cleaned it up to get the dust off of it. Pull clutch lever in hit the start button starts right up drop it into gear and just about threw me off of it before it dies. now this has had the clutch recall preformed on it one week after I bought it. I get looking at it and there is no fluid in the reservoir for the clutch master cylinder. I just called the selling dealer and told them to come get this f&^%ing thing and fix it right this time.
It just pisses me off that the new hydraulic clutch is shit. Maybe I need to put a cable clutch on it like my 2013 has.

OK rant over.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Yeah, it sucks. Thankfully, the selling dealer was able to fix mine right the first time. But I had to try taking it on a test ride to find out the clutch was screwed up.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Report safety related defects

You guys are reporting these issues? Right. That clutch release failing could get someone killed.

The only way to make the MoCo fix stuff is to get the Feds sniffing around. Otherwise they just dick around with it, at out expense. Selling us the correct fix 3 years down the road.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ Report safety related defects

·
Registered
69 Posts
My bike was a 2016 Leftover I bought last October, how do I know if my bike has the recall fix or not ? I only have about 1000 miles on the bike since I bought it late in the season. As of right now my clutch works as it should.....

·
Registered
927 Posts
That situation could have turned way worse than it did, so in a sense, you got lucky there were no damages or injury. Like twowheeladdict, mine also passed the test and no work was performed, butyeah, what's up with the dealership that did the work? I'd have been pi$$ed off too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its now at a second dealer. Selling dealer bled out clutch system and said the bars are the problem. I called bullshit. Due to the fact I am a Field Service Tech for a heavy equipment dealer and have been doing this kind of work for 25 years. Took it to another local dealer and had them look at it. ( I trust these guys more anyway) I told them what the first dealer said, and they laughed and said they would fix it correctly this time. So now it is back at a dealership. The bike only has 450 miles on it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its now at a second dealer. Selling dealer bled out clutch system and said the bars are the problem. I called bullshit. Due to the fact I am a Field Service Tech for a heavy equipment dealer and have been doing this kind of work for 25 years. Took it to another local dealer and had them look at it. ( I trust these guys more anyway) I told them what the first dealer said, and they laughed and said they would fix it correctly this time. So now it is back at a dealership. The bike only has 450 miles on it.

Please let us know what the the fix is. I am curious to find out. I know the older 14-15 bikes had some clutch issues however I heard they had that all handled for 16 moving forward. Goodluck.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Please let us know what the the fix is. I am curious to find out. I know the older 14-15 bikes had some clutch issues however I heard they had that all handled for 16 moving forward. Goodluck.
My 16 RGU had the recall done. Maybe 17 on have it fixed?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
So... (sorry I gotta ask)... Am I the only one with the odd habit of holding the front brake when dropping into gear...in case something odd happens?
I came back to this thread to add that exact comment. Glad I read through the comments before posting a duplicate.:smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts