1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have noticed in the upper gears when I roll on hard in 5 or 6 the rpm
go but the bike has to catch up ..so went in for a clutch adjustment seems
much better ,then when I get to the desk they tell me the heavy duty
screaming eagle spring would be a good idea part 37951-98 ,any info and feed back would be helpful!!!!

I did cams and a few other mods ,is there a better solution for the slipping
or should that solve the problem :confused:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Make sure you don't have to much fluid in your primary. I put to much in mine and had the exact problem I drained a little out and it's been fine ever since as far as the heavy duty spring it's a simple process and you will notice it when you pull the clutch in and it seems to help out

·
Registered
893 Posts
screaming eagle spring would be a good idea part 37951-98 ,any info and feed back would be helpful!!!!

Sounds pretty much like the problem I was having last year. I went with the Barnett Heavy Duty Spring and that took care of the slipping but the clutch pull gave my hand quite the work out. Add in the Clutch Wiz and the played with different primary fluids and ultimately I ended up replacing the clutch pack with a Barnett +1, keeping the Clutch Wiz and using the Evo Spring and moving away from Redline Primary oil. (The middle plates of my clutch were burned)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

Absolutely should put the SE clutch spring in. Upping the torque and h/p with the cams and such dictate this. Don't slip anymore til you do it or you will glaze the plates and then will be putting a whole new clutch package in. I've had the SE spring in my other two high performance bikes and haven't had any problems with the clutch.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was quite a bit of slipping going on
Hope I did not mess up the clutch I guess I'll have the dealer take a look when he is in there
The slipping was only in the high gears

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
The SE clutch spring and a proper clutch adjustment should solve the issue. If your clutch has been slipping a lot you may have burnt the clutch plates but I wouldn't change out the clutch plates right away, see if everything works as it should with just the clutch spring mod first.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The SE Spring should do the trick for you. Have the Tech check the plates during install to see if the slipping has fried the plates, otherwise you'll be going right back in there to replace the plates...

I've been milking the stock clutch with the SE Spring on "The Short Bus" it still slips a little in the upper gears (stout 117"), 'going to replace the plates and install a lockup when I get around to it...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
you can, but it isn't necessary unless you're running a super big hp motor.

when i got my 107 kit from fuelmoto, i went the cheap route and got the heavy duty spring. for quick shifts, not too bad. but for low speed, friction zone type stuff it sucked big time! after about 3 months, i bit the bullet and took the heavy spring out and replaced it with the stock spring and the aim vpc. seemed like clutch pull was lighter than stock, but it could just have been after getting used to the stout spring, but it didn't slip, and it was much easier to deal with low speed friction zone type stuff.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gave Aim a call with my stock spring clutch
And my set up and TQ numbers they said go with the VP95LT unite
So I cancelled the heave spring install for now
And see how this works out
Just have sort out the order

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got it installed all I can say is WOW:smile::smile::smile:

Really pulls hard once you crack the throttle , nice clutch pull in stop and go very happy with the upgrade

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Got it installed all I can say is WOW:smile::smile::smile:

Really pulls hard once you crack the throttle , nice clutch pull in stop and go very happy with the upgrade
Great news! We knew you would like the results. Benn using the VPC for over 8 years and love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts