Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am same as you... on two wheels over 25 yrs and many coast to coast trips and another Route 66 and PC1 trip planned for June...

I have never heard or seen this done... but perhaps it's a new tradition to start?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Careful with that one. Depending on the color you use a 3 piece patch club may think you are supporting another club that uses those colors. Could get dicey in some places...Just sayin'

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Careful with that one. Depending on the color you use a 3 piece patch club may think you are supporting another club that uses those colors. Could get dicey in some places...Just sayin'
+1, that idea could raise some eyebrows.

A friend of mine has a bandana on her bars as a memorial to a fallen rider, I had heard of that but not the cross country meaning.

Rowdy

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
For some reason it sounds familiar, maybe back in the 80's keeps coming to mind. But maybe it's just from reading this thread this morning. Deja vu.

RT

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You tie a bandanna on your handle if you are broken down. Supposed to be the universal sign.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yellow ribbon around an old oak tree and bandana on left bar for trouble / need help I've heard of, bandana for cross country I have not.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I never heard of that either but your licence plate would be a good indicater of where the bike made the journey from. If i saw a touring bike with a california plate on it in CT i would think, wow! Thats a long ride! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never heard of that either but your licence plate would be a good indicater of where the bike made the journey from. If i saw a touring bike with a california plate on it in CT i would think, wow! Thats a long ride! :)
But I've seen plenty of biker in Daytona who trailer their bikes, just to be there... A license plate doesn't really mean anything . My plate is tagged in Lousiana, and I'm in Maryland right now.

Ms. T
2011 FLTRX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree, being deep in premier clubs in the DMV, one must choose wisely. I'm not trying to start a trend... I'm just trying to confirm this gal's statement.

Ms. T
2011 FLTRX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On May 20th I am leaving CA heading to West Virginia, I don't plan on doing this..........never heard it before.
What a great ride! Are you coming across on the 40/legacy 66? Fabulous photo opportunity of a wonderful Route 66 statue in Seligman AZ! (You can't miss it, Seligman consists of 2 exits - one on each end of the business loop!)

Ms. T
2011 FLTRX

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you're riding through Seligman stop for lunch at the Roadkill Cafe (saloon?). Interesting place with a lot of taxidermy inside.

As for the rag, I loop a shop rag (usually a red one just because I have a bunch of them) under a bungee cord that secures my drybag to my rack. Whenever I fill up I put the rag around the gas nozzle to keep from spilling fuel on the tank. It's always handy bungeed to the drybag. Never thought about it's color being an issue with any MC. So far it hasn't ever been.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
But I've seen plenty of biker in Daytona who trailer their bikes, just to be there... A license plate doesn't really mean anything . My plate is tagged in Lousiana, and I'm in Maryland right now.

Ms. T
2011 FLTRX
You can usually tell who rode and who didnt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts