Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give my feedback on the Fi2000R Closed Loop from Cobra. I had one on my previous bike--Suzuki C50. Worked great for me on that so I decided to try it on the RG.

I have an '08 I picked up in October. Came with V&H 4" basic slip ons, and installed a Big Sucker intake. Was having the lean issue of the rear cylinder shutting down at idle even in relatively comfortable weather.

Installed the Fi2000R a couple months ago and have ridden about 400 miles with it. Immediate difference in throttle response, and you can hear and smell the difference-deeper sound at idle and on throttle. Amazing how well it runs when it is actually getting fuel! And still getting between 42 and 45 mpg.

Yeah I know, it's not the most popular/recommended fuel management option on the board. I also know that the mods I've done to the intake and exhaust are all I will be doing to the engine. So far very pleased with the results.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's always great to hear about good results from a particular system - glad it is working well for you!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm pretty happy with mine (other than the gas mileage I'm getting). That said as soon as I do some real engine mods (cams, etc.) I have no elusions that it will be able to keep up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
auotune cobra

me and my son have been running this tuner for about a year . does great with a/c pipe changes . he is going to higher compression pistons and a differnt cam now so he will be replacing his cobra with a power vision from feul moto soon . the cobra he has will be for sale soon at arealy great price ! for 10 up touring bikes.

·
Registered
614 Posts
From most of the reviews it seems like a lot of people like these.

My understanding is that they are a fuel tuner , add or remove fuel and this seems to work well for stock and stage 1 bikes but is very limited in what adjustments it can make. They also seem to be pretty expensive retail is $599
( http://www.fi2000r.com/html/list_view.php?bike_model=386&manufacture=8&model=FLHR-ROAD KING (11-13)&product_type = Motorcycle Exhausts )

for that kind of $ or less a real tuner can be purchased like a Power Vision or TTS and then there is no upgrade needed later...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand that the auto tune isn't $270--that was the point of my original post. For what I have - Big Sucker and slip ons - I knew I wasn't going to need it. That's why I went with the non-auto tune model. Works great for my set up, and I have money left over for other additions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts