Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these pipes for there m8 ? I have some Cobra mufflers and was thinking about completing the package with this.

If you have them please give me a write up on things that are a plus and negative!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I have had the Cobra Pro Chamber headers on my last two bikes.... a 2019 Street Glide and now my 2020 Road Glide Limited. They are fantastic header pipes for the money, both in performance and in looks. Fit and finish is excellent and install was a breeze. I currently have them matched up with V&H Torquer 450 slip-ons and they match up perfectly both in terms of fit and finish. Now, all that said, I had a chance just the other day to see one of my friends bikes with the V&H Power Duals and man, those look sweet too! Since I went with V&H slip ons, if I was to do it all over again I would have just went with an all V&H system, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Cobras. They are definitely a high-quality pipe. From a pure function standpoint the Cobra and the V&H are equal.... both have the proper "X" chamber / crossover which on an M8 motor is absolutely necessary to create the right back-pressure / torque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the Cobra Pro Chamber headers on my last two bikes.... a 2019 Street Glide and now my 2020 Road Glide Limited. They are fantastic header pipes for the money, both in performance and in looks. Fit and finish is excellent and install was a breeze. I currently have them matched up with V&H Torquer 450 slip-ons and they match up perfectly both in terms of fit and finish. Now, all that said, I had a chance just the other day to see one of my friends bikes with the V&H Power Duals and man, those look sweet too! Since I went with V&H slip ons, if I was to do it all over again I would have just went with an all V&H system, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the Cobras. They are definitely a high-quality pipe. From a pure function standpoint the Cobra and the V&H are equal.... both have the proper "X" chamber / crossover which on an M8 motor is absolutely necessary to create the right back-pressure / torque.
What about sound?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Cobra Race Pro slip ons. I was hoping to pair it with the Pro Chamber and being that its brand specific it will produce a louder more aggressive sound.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Removing the stock headers and replacing them with an aftermarket 2–1-2 open header will indeed give you more sound….regardless as to which headpipe you choose…so long as you are comparing apples to apples (meaning Cobra 2-1-2 header vs brand B 2-1-2 header). A 2-1-2 open header is a 2-1-2 open header. They all have a good crossover / x chamber design so one header alone doesn’t sound any different versus another. Now if you throw in a 2-2 (true dual) header…that will sound a little different than a 2-1-2, at the expense of some low end torque loss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Removing the stock headers and replacing them with an aftermarket 2–1-2 open header will indeed give you more sound….regardless as to which headpipe you choose…so long as you are comparing apples to apples (meaning Cobra 2-1-2 header vs brand B 2-1-2 header). A 2-1-2 open header is a 2-1-2 open header. They all have a good crossover / x chamber design so one header alone doesn’t sound any different versus another. Now if you throw in a 2-2 (true dual) header…that will sound a little different than a 2-1-2, at the expense of some low end torque loss.
Got it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts