Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More of a rant than a problem,i have the Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro tuner,with just an air cleaner and exhaust the bike runs fine,added Fueling 574 cams this winter,bike still runs good just that my fuel mileage doped 10 miles per gallon,contacted Cobra on April 18th,received a e-mail back on April 20th stating that he would send my question to Andre who handles the Power pro,as of this date still no word,for me customer service speaks volumes,will wait till the end of this week coming if no email looks like i will be buying a TTS Master tune and i will not have kind words when some one asks me about a Cobra tuner,thanks for listening.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
The new cams would require new timing and since your timing is set for your old cams chances are that is why you mpg's dropped.
The Fi2000 is just a fuel management tuner and doesn't make timing adjustments.
Since the bikes are set up to run lean from the factory running the bikes AFR a little rich will not hurt anything but your mpg, actually a richer AFR will help the bike run cooler.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am aware that it just adjusts the afr and not timing,but on some of the units you can make tweaks with dip switches on the back,just want an idea if mine has it or not and which way to set them,just don't like no response.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I have a older Fi2000 sitting in my box of misfit toys and it has adjustment pods that is used to make adjustments to the AFR. I believe the new Fi2000 tuners do not have the adjustment pods and they can't be adjusted as easy as the older model.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Cobra would just e-mail me back i would know for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts