Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
The coil is a pretty reliable part and i isn't a part that goes bad too often. I am not saying that they won't go bad because anything can break but it isn't that common of a issue.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
In 30 years of being in business, only 2 coils ever were bad, and they were the YELLOW ones.
We absolutely turn our back on the purchase of Accel products.
Scott
I had my Shovel head low rider for 25 years. The year I bought it , it had a bad coil. Went with an Accel coil, it lasted a year, replaced under warranty and the new one lasted a year. Went back to oem , and it's still on the bike.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I had my Shovel head low rider for 25 years. The year I bought it , it had a bad coil. Went with an Accel coil, it lasted a year, replaced under warranty and the new one lasted a year. Went back to oem , and it's still on the bike.
Right on Big-gary.
When they introduced spark plugs to the V-Twin market back in the '80's, we got sucked into believing they were good.
They were not.
Same/same with their regulators/stators/etc.
We won't touch any of that off-shore crap here.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.