Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021HD ROAD GLIDE, Billiard Red, S&S Mk45 Slip-on mufflers, Freedom Shields Touring Windshield
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined this excellent forum about 4 months ago (this is the first ime posting) after getting my 2021Road Glide, and a tand have to say I’m a little disappointed…. THAT I DIDN’T BUY A ROAD GLIDE SOONER! What a great ride! Now I spend my days riding when I can, but I spend half my nights tossing and turning: Backrest or tour pak? Backrest or tour pak? Backrest or Tour pak?! Haven’t decided yet so I may just have to flip a coin! Anyway, I’ve enjoyed reading the posts spanning the spectrum of informative to entertaining, keep up the great work everyone! Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
2018 FLTRX
608 Posts
Well me unless your gal is whining for the plush tour pack back rest…. Or your limbs are 5’ long..
The riders gotta be the most comfortable. Take care of your cockpit.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,122 Posts
Get the TP and start dating a gal with huge boobs, that way you both get back rests.

·
Registered
2021HD ROAD GLIDE, Billiard Red, S&S Mk45 Slip-on mufflers, Freedom Shields Touring Windshield
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome from Oregon’s Rogue valley! I run a king tour Pak when the wif wants on the back and nothing while solo.
I’m leaning that way, my wife would ride with a tour pak, but not a backrest, but she really doesn’t ride that often. I like the clean look without the tour pak or backrest when not carrying a passenger too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get the TP and start dating a gal with huge boobs, that way you both get back rests.
LMAO!
Upgrade the suspension after you decide which direction you want to go. Get the tour pack and girl with the big tits would be my choice hands down.
LOL!
Get both and get some sleep. Congrats on the new ride!.....Pics requested!
Joined this excellent forum about 4 months ago (this is the first ime posting) after getting my 2021Road Glide, and a tand have to say I’m a little disappointed…. THAT I DIDN’T BUY A ROAD GLIDE SOONER! What a great ride! Now I spend my days riding when I can, but I spend half my nights tossing and turning: Backrest or tour pak? Backrest or tour pak? Backrest or Tour pak?! Haven’t decided yet so I may just have to flip a coin! Anyway, I’ve enjoyed reading the posts spanning the spectrum of informative to entertaining, keep up the great work everyone! Ride safe.
Here are a few pics:
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Plant

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Plant Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to the forum from Maryland!! Pictures look great.

This is my setup and I whole heartedly recommend it!!! Big boobs and a tour pak. Can't be beat! Good call, Fuzzy!

·
Registered
2017 RGS
105 Posts
I’m leaning that way, my wife would ride with a tour pak, but not a backrest, but she really doesn’t ride that often. I like the clean look without the tour pak or backrest when not carrying a passenger too.
The bike looks great. You can get the removeable tour pack mount and removeable rider backrest. This way you have the best of both worlds. My wife was OK with the backrest but not the seat, so I told her I upgraded it JUST for her. (I think she bought that).
BTW: Thank You for your service.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,122 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to the forum from Maryland!! Pictures look great.

This is my setup and I whole heartedly recommend it!!! Big boobs and a tour pak. Can't be beat! Good call, Fuzzy!
I had that setup for 3 years, but I clearly wasn't the sugar daddy she was searching for, so now all I have is a lousy TP.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
My vote is backrest AND tour pak

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Congrats, Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

Reactions: ScottH

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
300 Posts
If you can, do both!!!!
And tell your wife, you did it just for her comfort, after all this is your bike too🤣🤣
It worked on my wife.....and everytime I wanted something new for the bike, I would ask?? Do you think we should get this for "OUR" bike, it worked like a charm for years.....new seat, new floorboards, rear crash bars, even an engine!!
I also told her Arlen Ness, made the best accessory parts for "our" bike, let me tell you Arlen Ness makes a lot of accessory parts for Road Glides!!!
Hand grips, mirrors, floorboards front and back, dash insert, fuel lid cover, saddlebag latches, gear shifter with Peg, that she helped purchase for "our" bike....
After putting a new motor in it 9 years ago, I have been having problems convincing her that "we" need a 131....
For some reason, my money seems to be her money too..
Unless of course it's "your" money, then you don't have to tell her shit!!!🤣🤣

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
678 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I have a spin on your delima. How about a cut tour pack? It is a tour pak, but a bit more stylish. My old bike had a king tour pack and I would take it off whenever the OL was riding, my new ride I bought a chopped pak and the wife liked it better because the backrest wasn't as high as the chopped. and I don't notice the weight difference as much with the chopped pak. Plus I think it looks way better with the lines! Oh and my OL has my backrests built in so that is a plus!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The bike looks great. You can get the removeable tour pack mount and removeable rider backrest. This way you have the best of both worlds. My wife was OK with the backrest but not the seat, so I told her I upgraded it JUST for her. (I think she bought that).
BTW: Thank You for your service.
Thanks, I retired after 22 years in the Air Force.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats and welcome! I have a spin on your delima. How about a cut tour pack? It is a tour pak, but a bit more stylish. My old bike had a king tour pack and I would take it off whenever the OL was riding, my new ride I bought a chopped pak and the wife liked it better because the backrest wasn't as high as the chopped. and I don't notice the weight difference as much with the chopped pak. Plus I think it looks way better with the lines! Oh and my OL has my backrests built in so that is a plus!
I haven’t heard of the chopped pak, I need to look it up, thanks for the tip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts