Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what is the cold cranking amps on the road glide batterys? I have a 2007 with the org battery in it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't know exactly, I know the batteries are made by Delka and would hazard a guess they are somewhere in the 375-400 range....Why do you ask?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a load test and it shows it in the green. It also show that its only 200 cold cranks. to me thats kind of low.

It wont start as fast as I would like it to. The batt is 5 years old.

I need to stop being cheep and get a new one . :D

what do you think?

·
Registered
453 Posts
You definitely got your moneys worth out of it....Better to replace it when you can than have it leave you stranded somewhere...What is the Voltage? Then what is the Voltage when a load is applied to it?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure. I just checked to see if it was in the green or not. Im just going to replace it asap.

Anyone know a good web site that is cheeper then $170. with the shipping?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I sell them for $159 and could make you a deal, send me a pm with address and I will get the info in the morning.....Not sure how much shipping would cost you though, maybe around $15....

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
The batteries you get from HD are real good batteries so I would stick with it. You may pay a little less for a aftermarket battery but it may cost you in the long run. I replaced my battery on my 08 about 3 months ago, the original battery was still good but I just felt better having a new battery in the bike, but I am a preventive maintenance type of person. On a side note I had the nylon strap that is under the battery that assist in the battery removal break, the strap was dry rotted so I had to make a new strap, I used a heavier wider strap this time. The battery is a real PITA to get out without the strap.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Delka makes good batteries, but the Yuasa's are just as good and typically a few bucks cheaper. I like the fact that with the Yuasa I am the one who is getting to activate and charge the battery initially so I can make sure it is done properly...We have had too many factory activated batteries end up not holding a charge because they sat on a shelf forever and are no longer good, or were not properly activated. Regardless of what battery you choose, stay away from the Chinese batteries!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all your help. Im going to get a new batt from the dealership with a 10% hog discount and no shipping. Just seems easyer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
thanks for all your help. Im going to get a new batt from the dealership with a 10% hog discount and no shipping. Just seems easyer.
Yeah man, no worries....While you are at it you might consider installing battery tender leads so you can keep the battery topped off when you are not riding it...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been doing that. but thanks anyways. Its just time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a new one from the dealer and it shows 600 cca. I'm good to go

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sounds like to me the battery has given you a good run. I think its time to put your hand in your pocket and buy a new. I’d buy the same brand if they last that long. By the way what is the brand?:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
new batt is in and I'm happy as a clam

·
Registered
70 Posts
battery Plus has one for $145.00 with 2 year warranty. My radio would not stay at set mode when I shut it off always went to AUX. and amp meter was always at almost 15. After changed batt. everything is back to normal (or at least for a Harley)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone know what is the cold cranking amps on the road glide batterys? I have a 2007 with the org battery in it.
I put a new Battery Plus battery in my bike last month. The guy put his tester on it when he took it out of the box and it showed 550 cold cranking amps. That is a war hoss.
$149.00 with a 2 year warranty. Made by Deka, same as HD batteries.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I am currently on my 3rd battery in the '09. The first two lasted right around 18 months each. If you managed to get 5 years worth out of the battery, you did good. With any luck, the new one will serve you just as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts