Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Florida so by cold I mean below 60deg.F. Started the end of last winter, tach and speedo jump all around then fall dead repeatedly from start up until temp gets above 60 deg. as long as 2 hrs.Spent $400 last winter to replace the little box that the codes said was bad ,it lasted about a week and did the same thing:confused: Everythig else works fine when this happens just no tach or speedo. Any ideas? Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The tach and speedo get there signal from two differant sources, you have to look for a bad ground as they share a common ground. Doc Start under the dash with the speedo and tach.

·
Life Member
1,041 Posts
Not had a problem with my tach but on real cold morning my speedo will peg out at 120 for several miles and then it wil settle down to correct speed. mine is a 99 so it is cable drive off the front wheel.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Never had trouble with the tach but on my west coast trip my speedo would quit working after about 5 miles in the higher, cooler temps and in the dessert it would not work from the start. Both cases it would start back working. I had the VSS replaced when I got home and it is doing ok .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts