Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spend the money for a Black Quartz inner even if your's was a special and vivid black? I hate the swirls and spider lines already.

I'm thinking about doing it at Bike week with the Fairing Exchange.

What's your thoughts. I mean. When the sun hits that paint. It really pops. And you know it's not just a black bike.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Color match inner faring would you

I have a road glide special so it came with the vivid black painted inner faring. I personally really like it.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a road glide special so it came with the vivid black painted inner faring. I personally really like it.
But your bike is Vivid Black. So it matches.

Your bike is BQ but your inner is Vivid? Yeah, that would drive me nuts. Get it done.
Ya. All the specials are vied black. No matter the color of the bike.

I'll email them today. See what the cost is. I get to Gettysburg bike week usually a day early. The vendors open on Thursday morning. I just want to make sure the do the speedo bezel and the other covers. The front small cowl under the fairing is BQ as are my Cowbells. I had them painted when I did the front end.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Could the metal flake in the BQ cause an undesired effect with the sun? My paint set has a black metallic, but not as obvious as the BQ. I'm fine with the inner fairing remaining slightly off.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I believe the fairing exchange is $699

The hydrodipped may solve the scratching/hazing etc...

Maybe go to an offset color like the color of your pinstripes? Lighter colors dont show as much..

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could the metal flake in the BQ cause an undesired effect with the sun? My paint set has a black metallic, but not as obvious as the BQ. I'm fine with the inner fairing remaining slightly off.
No worse than the 6.5 screen. Lol. I did however. Just order the Ciro bag extenders color matched from the fairing Exchange. $599.00 shipped. was just about to order the 1300.00 bags from harley.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Your bike is really shaping up! Gonna look great with the extended bags.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your bike is really shaping up! Gonna look great with the extended bags.
Thanks. Now it's a wait. They have the extensions in Stock. But none in the BQ. He said he'll have them painted up and shipped by Monday. So next weekend I'll have them on. I want to do the inner. But I was technically done for the year. Lol.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Thanks. Now it's a wait. They have the extensions in Stock. But none in the BQ. He said he'll have them painted up and shipped by Monday. So next weekend I'll have them on. I want to do the inner. But I was technically done for the year. Lol.
Oh, I said the same thing after getting the wheels and suspension. Then I added the sissy bar, more black H-D parts,and some Ness stuff. It's a disease! And I don't want to be cured either!

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Hope the paint is cured that quick. Check them real good when you get them.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hope the paint is cured that quick. Check them real good when you get them.
I'm assuming he has an oven. If not. Painted today and shipped Friday or Monday. If it's Monday. He didn't think they were cured and waited.

Either way. I'll look close. Trust me. 600 bucks they need to be right before I bolt them on.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I'm assuming he has an oven. If not. Painted today and shipped Friday or Monday. If it's Monday. He didn't think they were cured and waited.

Either way. I'll look close. Trust me. 600 bucks they need to be right before I bolt them on.
Ouch. That's some coin there.

We gotta meet up on of these days. I can't be more than 90 minutes from you.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ouch. That's some coin there.

We gotta meet up on of these days. I can't be more than 90 minutes from you.
Ya. The extensions are $360.00 on Ciro. So it's $240 for paint and shipping. I can live with that. I just paid $200 to have my Cowbells color matched BQ.

Absolutely meet up with ya. I need to see some more Ohio than just the Northeast.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Paul will match the color, or he won't do it. Paul is a great guy to do business with, I've been dealing with him for a few years. I remember when he just did this as a side business, you'd have to get at least 5 or 6 people together to make a trip to a location worth his while, and he'd travel a couple of hundred miles to do the job, or you'd have to meet him in Jacksonville. His business has really grown basically because of his work ethic.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paul will match the color, or he won't do it. Paul is a great guy to do business with, I've been dealing with him for a few years. I remember when he just did this as a side business, you'd have to get at least 5 or 6 people together to make a trip to a location worth his while, and he'd travel a couple of hundred miles to do the job, or you'd have to meet him in Jacksonville. His business has really grown basically because of his work ethic.
Me and Paul played phone tag all day. He was great to talk too. Took the time to just bullshit with me. I have 0 reservations ordering from him. And if my money is good at Bike week in Gettysburg. I'll be getting the inner fairing done too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts