Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I would throw this out in the water. I have been looking a lot of pictures and such. But I'm gonna leave this up to the consensus on the board.

What would you guys think about color matching on my Amber Whiskey special. Instead of black do AW on the crash bar, mounts, signals, etc. Then do contrast cut rims and covers.

Can anyone let me know if a member has done this and what it looked like?
Just ideas ....
Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't seen one. I did my amber whiskey in all gloss black. Everything that was chrome has been powder coated. I like the contrast against the amber whiskey. I say do it, if you think it would look cool and you like it who cares what other people think. My buddies and powder coater thought I was insane for tearing a bike with 100 miles on it all the way down to nothing just cause I didn't want anything chrome. The bike looks amazing now as the paint now jumps out a lot more than it did when everything was chrome. That's my .02 pal, if you like it do it. I think that I will look pretty sweet and guess what...there probably isn't another one around. Good luck and post pics with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Dynaman,

I agree with the other poster. Go for it. It's your scoot, who cares what anyone else thinks. There will always be someone who doesn't like something you have done just because. It's your bike, you paid for it, I say go for it.

Post pics when done, would love to see it and might "borrow" an idea or two.:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I think we all feel the same way. i was just curious if anyone else had done the same with the AW color scheme. But as soon as I start I'll let you guys know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts