• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a shorter rider, seat choices are limited. Found the Lucky Daves bagger seat to be a great fit for my 19 Billiard Blue RGS.

Attached are pics of my bike and seat options.

T questions:
435F6761-A9B0-461A-9276-334C11CC6891.jpeg
F016962F-B670-48BE-9AE0-FA028A7D4A14.jpeg
77AA0084-F089-4EAC-AFE4-16E82689CE25.jpeg
CDF58C40-00B7-4D3A-847A-4E5E016567D7.jpeg

1. what is your opinion on colored stitching option (blue) to match my bike, vs all black?

2. Anyone have a Lucky Daves seat? If so, what are your thoughts on the seat?

3. Any shorter riders find any other seats they love?

Thanks a million!

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
Being a shorter rider, seat choices are limited. Found the Lucky Daves bagger seat to be a great fit for my 19 Billiard Blue RGS.

T questions: View attachment 412914 View attachment 412916 View attachment 412915 View attachment 412917

1. what is your opinion on colored stitching option (blue) to match my bike, vs all black?

Thanks a million!
I vote for the Blue Stitching to match Your Billiard Blue Glide.
I can’t personally comment on Lucky Dave’s Seats just that they look nice and get good reviews.
Mike U.

·
Registered
903 Posts
100% agree with Mike. Look better and no clue on the seat.

For any other seat, any seat can be sent out to get modded for us short guys. Just sucks that it has to be done.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
I like the blue too, if I could get it without that big shitty looking logo.
+1 on that. Seats shouldn't have logo's visible on them, you pay big money to get a sexy saddle and then they ruin it with an ugly logo. It is a beef I have with the Corbin seats, you can create a nice custom seat but then it has that ugly logo that doesn't match.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 on that. Seats shouldn't have logo's visible on them, you pay big money to get a sexy saddle and then they ruin it with an ugly logo. It is a beef I have with the Corbin seats, you can create a nice custom seat but then it has that ugly logo that doesn't match.
I hear you there..
I could do the stitching in blue, but the logo on in all black, which would make it disappear for the most part.

·
Registered
6 Posts

T questions: View attachment 412914 View attachment 412916 View attachment 412915 View attachment 412917

Thanks a million!
I don’t have a lucky Dave’s but I do have a step up with blue stitch. It sits you forwards slightly, and up slightly. Once the gel breaks in they are comfy as.
Personally I could do with sitting back, however I am also 6’4” with a 36” inseam.
I reckon this would be perfect for someone shorter than I.
image.jpg

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Custom colors limit resale audience, so if you don’t care about selling the seat down the road, then go for what you like.
I was going to build a Corbin with some blue in it when i came across a deal on one in black. Now i have a green bike and can still use the seat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
While I too agree on the blue contrast stick looks better. LD saddles look good.

However, IF you have a BSR, there ain't too much cush for her tush.

YB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While I too agree on the blue contrast stick looks better. LD saddles look good.

However, IF you have a BSR, there ain't too much cush for her tush.

YB
This is true. I have a Danny Gray seat with more love for the BDR when needed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Custom colors limit resale audience, so if you don’t care about selling the seat down the road, then go for what you like.
I was going to build a Corbin with some blue in it when i came across a deal on one in black. Now i have a green bike and can still use the seat.
All good points, and I have considered them. At 54 years old, I tell myself this will be my last bike...I will ride her till the end.
Then again, that’s what I said about my ‘15 Ultra Limited.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
You can always remove the blue stitched seat and sell it and put the stock one back on if You decide You want a newer Glide.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
First I love stitching to match the bike, my Corbin has orange stitching to match my pinstripes. Colored stitching DOES NOT hurt resale if you fix it . My old seat had colored stitching too , my upholster gave me some black dye when I was ready to sell it . It took 10 minutes and the stitching was black and sold easily . There’s always a fix , nothing is permanent.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts