Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering which thickness I should get to be the same as stock on a '12 103? Or maybe you have an opinion on another brand that you feel is better? Also where to get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why go stock put a .030 in there raise the compression towards 10.1. If you have got some cams they will like it. Cometic gaskets are very good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got a turbo on it. I'm considering going thicker actually. Chalk this one up to learning a lesson.

P

·
0 Posts
a bigger part of the benefits of the .030 gaskets is not just raising the compression,but is to close up the squish.a tight squish will help with fuel burn and starve off detionation.with a turbo,i would still go with the .030 cometic and dish the piston to releave compression (i HOPE your running forged pistons)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not running forged pistons, and I do not have the benefit of a machine shop at my disposal or anyone close that knows what their doing.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
When you turbocharge a engine you increase the cylinder pressure the stock pistons can't take those pressures for very long. Motor go BOOM!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,056 Posts
Yup, forged pistons with a turbo are pretty much standard fare, whether it's an HD mill or a motor for a 4-wheeled vehicle. Two new pistons are a lot cheaper than what it will cost you if the standard pistons go boom.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If your turbo is a Trask, contact them and see what they recommend.

Contact Cometic and see what they recommend.

Both of these companies have a lot of their product out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts