Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks a friend we ride with gave me a pair of the comfort low profile guards for free wife loves them as do i but we are having trouble finding a water bottle/pocket bag set up that fits this style!!!! all in the p&a book says not for comfort bars! why would harley make a bar you cant spend more money on by buying a bag to fit it?????? if anyone knows more to this please let me know as she says these guards are staying on the bike!!! lol thnx

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
If you're talking about the new Rushmore bars on an older bike, MoCo does make the leather pouch/bottle holder for them. I don't have the part number though.

I took the ones off my '11 RGU and moved them to my '15 RGU. They will fit, just might sit a little different. We just went to TX and back with them on and no problems.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Since the point of the comfort bars is to make more room for the passengers legs the MoCo probably figured there wasn't much point in putting a bottle holder and storage bag there.

You can always get a clamp-on bottle cage and put it on the side of the bars.
http://www.etrailer.com/Bike-Accessories/Swagman/S80980.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKEAjw5J6sBRDp3ty_17KZyWsSJABgp-OaKNtlSRLzbEje4pQYd70HRwF69OH6-4WVVN_mVxeWPhoCYebw_wcB

If you have a tour pak there are a number of options available. I have one from Kuryakyn that looks pretty good.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
If you're talking about the new Rushmore bars on an older bike, MoCo does make the leather pouch/bottle holder for them. I don't have the part number though.

I took the ones off my '11 RGU and moved them to my '15 RGU. They will fit, just might sit a little different. We just went to TX and back with them on and no problems.
Im pretty sure my Ultra Limited has the new comfort bars. I bought the normal bags and they fit fine.

Also, they did not interfere with my wife at all on the trip. They are however much harder for the passenger to reach than the driver.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Get the Harley water bottle bags for saddlebag guard for each side. I have them on the RGS 15 and they fit. Just put a small amount of velcro on top bar to keep the bag from sliding to the edge. This helps gives a clean look. Now take the plastic water bottle that comes with it and trash it. Get two hydro flask water bottles with the sport lids. They are made for hikers and they keep ice along time. They are a metal and come in colors. They also fit perfect in the slot. I always have ice cold water on long trips. I give the hydro two thumbs up. Hope this helps

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
Get the Harley water bottle bags for saddlebag guard for each side. I have them on the RGS 15 and they fit.
And they fit the comfort style bars?

I'm contemplating putting the comfort style on my '15 RGS as well and that is one of the main reasons - the water bottle bag for my ol' lady.

·
Administrator
10,603 Posts
I have the comfort style bars and put a kruzer kaddy on .. Didn't need the storage , only the drink holder ..

eglide goodies has the same leather holder as HD for half the money ..

JtB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts