Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RoadGlide ultra. Recently I'm unable to use my comm headset effectively. When I receive a phonecall I can hear just fine. I just can't speak and be heard. Same thing happens when just trying to use the intercomm. I can hear in my helmet, but my voice can't be heard from my passenger.
Anyone know what this could be?

·
Super Moderator
9,750 Posts
My 11 Ultra I had to get the HD BOMM unit to use it , I could hear incoming calls but not xmit out . Spliced a couple wires in and was good to go . Never used the intercom so don't know if there is something different there going on .. This is pairing thru a Zumo Road Tech 550 ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the BOMM and a Roadtech 660 GPS. This setup has worked flawlessly for the last 5 years. Not sure what happened.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 2012 RoadGlide ultra. Recently I'm unable to use my comm headset effectively. When I receive a phonecall I can hear just fine. I just can't speak and be heard. Same thing happens when just trying to use the intercomm. I can hear in my helmet, but my voice can't be heard from my passenger.
Anyone know what this could be?
Assuming you have your Intercom settings correct or your using the PTT switch for intercom and you haven't changed those settings. If everything you just mentioned worked before and just stopped than I would suspect a bad helmet system or a bad helmet drop cord.

Have you tried using another known good helmet and cord?

If you have and the problem is still present than your going to have to trace a few wires from your helmet connection port to the radio. You will only be interested in the Mic - and Mic + wires. If they check out than your radio is suspect.

[email protected]

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't see your last post before I posted. Disregard my last post.

You have two Red wires coming out of the Bomm. Check to make sure they are both still connected.

If they still look to be connected and you don't see a problem with them send me an email I will give you further troubleshooting information.

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts