Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my pair of half helmet communication headsets this weekend on the RGU for the first long ride. My major issue was setting the VOX correctly. When talking the music automatically turns down then back up to the set music volume which is correct. The wind is keeping the voice on and music down. I set the sensitivity lower so the wind will not effect the music. by doing that its music only without conversation at highway speeds. The setting is so low my voice won't turn on the voice.
other then wearing a full helmet what can I do to get the best of both doing 65 MPH plus?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well instead of using the VOX try using the PTT button. Just turn the VOX off and push the button when you want to talk.

·
878 Posts
Well instead of using the VOX try using the PTT button. Just turn the VOX off and push the button when you want to talk.
+1. That's what we do. I have never been a fan of VOX because often the first word or two is lost while the electronics catches up. The other advantage in MY case is at some point my "back seat" gets tired of reaching down to push the button...shuts up...and I get to enjoy the ride...your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
644 Posts
+1. We had to abandon VOX. I couldn't get my wife to say a starter word before here sentence. She just started talking and I lost the first 3 or 4 words. Had to as for a repeat. She got peeved. etc.

PTT is not without it's problems as well. Now I have to remind my wife to not start her reply until she hears that my radio has stopped transmitting.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If you use the button, just make sure the CB is Off. If it is still on, you will be broadcasting the conversation to the CB world.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great information... I never thought about the manual PTT. but of course, if I read the manual on this first, I would still be asking you all for the best way to use the commuications headsets. VOX off with the three position speaker switch up only... correct?

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you use the button, just make sure the CB is Off. If it is still on, you will be broadcasting the conversation to the CB world.
Yeah... that can lead to un-wanted knowlege to fellow bikers... ask my wife, she can tell you!!! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts